Gear Review O2 Cool battery powered fan

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by hot diggity, Sep 23, 2018.

1. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

KIMG2856. https://www.walmart.com/ip/O2COOL-5-Inch-Portable-Fan-Gray/43980257I

After four days without power during Hurricane Florence the sun had come out and it was getting HOT during the day. My solution was not elegant, although it was functional... if I was there to power it.

o2 cool.

Mom was stranded on the second floor of her home, and the only way to get her to someplace cool for days was going to be by boat. We figured we were better off where we were, but were blessed by a neighbor with this little battery powered fan. :) Mom found it too cool in the evening of the first night, but loved it the following afternoon. We ran it on the original two D batteries for four days, and it was/is wonderful. I will have a bunch of these sealed in plastic bags and ready for issue to old folks and guard dogs during the next hurricane.

Between hurricanes they'd be fantastic for relieving hot flashes, at the beach, or while enjoying a cigar on a hot windless night. :)

Sapper John, Zimmy, SB21 and 4 others like this.
  2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

A small, battery powered fan can be a blessing on a hot night - or day. You have some good neighbors.

3. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Add a little spritzy mister in with that for the joy of cool.

4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Good fans, available in 3VDC, 6VDC and 12VDC sizes. I have used all three, but prefer the 12VDC model. I have four currently. Great for power outtages. Also have the plug-in wall warts for them, so they can be used without running the D cells flat in regular use.

3cyl, sec_monkey and Bishop like this.
  5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Well , I kew I liked you because you are a Marine ,,, now I see you drink the same brand of beer . Unless that's your Mom's . :ROFLMAO: Then I like your Mom,,,,[lolol][lolol]
    Sorry HD ,,,,half the time I'm about 1/2 full of chit,,,,,the other 1/2 ,, im full of chit,,,
    Glad to here y'all are pretty much ok out there . I did some Insurance adjusting work 3 years ago in and around Lumberton and Fayetteville ,,,after that storm ,,and I know some of those people are going thru this again , knowing some of those people probably haven't recoverd from that time. I hope the best for you all out there . If you need some help out there ,, just let me know ,,I can get away for a bit ,,,I just quit the 1st job I've had in almost 30 years. Being self employed for so long , it's hard to work for someone else .

hot diggity, sec_monkey and Zimmy like this.
  6. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Forgive me for bein' the weak one, fellers. But, linked below is my "fan" for when I get hot - which is 24 / 7 / 365. Although I like running it lower, I have recently set it as high as 25.5°C (~78°F): My Panasonic "Fan"

If it counts, I also run a 40cm (~16") Hatari stand fan, 24 hours per day.

7. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Got a O2COOL 12" fan. Got it for camping some years back. Still working.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7