1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Original Work Oath of Office has been published as Apache Dawn

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by VikingRaider, Aug 28, 2014.

1. VikingRaider

VikingRaider Praetorian

Some of you may have noticed Oath of Office has disappeared from the boards here and I just wanted to let you know whats going on... I am happy to announce that the story you knew as Oath of Office is now available for download on Amazon! The new title is Apache Dawn.

I added quite a bit to the story (which now comes in close to 500 pages according to Amazon) and worked hard to make it more professional looking than Alea Jacta Est, cleaned up more errors (spelling, continuity, etc.) than I care to admit, and renamed it Apache Dawn! It came in at a respectable 493* pages.

Thank you once again to everyone who read along in the Oath of Office thread and encouraged me to get this thing published!! Now I can get back to work on AJE2 full time--or as much as time as the kids will give me!

* Numbers according to Amazon...but page count is a bit...mystical.... to define when dealing with electronic books. I plan to release the paperback version of Apache Dawn in the Fall. The paperback version of AJE is available here, and it is indeed a hefty tome.
    magicfingers likes this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Ambulatory anachronism Administrator Founding Member

Congrats on the successful completion.
  3. GOG

GOG Monkey++

4. VikingRaider

VikingRaider Praetorian

Thanks guys! Now its back to work on AJE2 before I start getting personal visits from impatient people...!
  5. ghrit

ghrit Ambulatory anachronism Administrator Founding Member

Just take them for a boat ride while they wait --
    VikingRaider likes this.
  6. AmericanRedoubt1776

AmericanRedoubt1776 American Redoubt: Idaho-Montana-Oregon-Wyoming Site Supporter+

Good job. It's great that SurvivalMonkey offers such a useful way for fledgling authors to get constructive feedback during the creative process.
    VikingRaider likes this.
  7. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Monkey

VikingRaider likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary