Off-Grid Living Casting Opportunity!

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by natureperson1212, Jun 1, 2018.

1. natureperson1212

natureperson1212 Neophyte Monkey

Off-Grid Living Casting Opportunity!

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Seriously. Please let us know if you get any takers.

3. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

At least some of the others were courteous enough to say hello...

4. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

@natureperson1212, come to Cambodia, and I will show you where living on-grid, is often living off-grid! :D

5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Forget Alaska and all the other harsh places, ain't nothing like trying to survive the urban jungle of Portland OryGun! Wanna try a third world place, Seattle is only a few hundred miles north, doesn't get any more third world then that!
    I have been to war zones and having to travel in armored convoys and they were better then those two cities, want the ultimate test? Take a some white folks and drop them in the heart of Chitcago and turn them lose! Good luck!

6. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Had my 15 minutes of fame and it ain't worth it :)

7. duane

duane Monkey+++

Yuppie dreams, if you want to see off grid for real, the Amish have been doing it for 100,s of years, the Hopi, Zuni, etc, have been doing it for 10,000 or so years, many places in Alaska, the mountain states, deep rural USA, etc do it as a matter of course, no NPR required. Most of the little TV I have seen on this subject has reminded me of going to a very good zoo to see the animals in the "natural" setting someone has created for them. Fun to see, but lacks an sense of reality. Mama lion is not teaching the kids how to kill other animals by injuring the prey and letting them finish them off. It is by design a simulation for the modern middle class and the ability to sell adds for soap or cars is much more important than any educational value. Just my opinion.

ing

8. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

The Alaskan Bush People season 8 is due out in August. That’s all the off-grid living I need.

Ura-Ki and ochit like this.
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Live there already, Filmed that already, Alaska Bush People Season 5-Episode 4 , Plus Three Episodes that we never ''Aired"... That is enough for this couple of Folks... Production Companies are a PAIN in the A$$.... Our Favorite Saying when they were here... "That is Stupid, but it makes for Good Television, RIGHT???" Do you really have Clue One what it takes to live out here? Likely NOT...

Caveman Jim, 3M-TA3, Ura-Ki and 5 others like this.
  10. ochit

ochit Monkey+

We have people living off grid here, they are living under the overpass :D

Caveman Jim, 3M-TA3, TnAndy and 4 others like this.
  11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Would you believe the OP is a city dweller?

12. BTPost

Yea, Washington DC....

Tully Mars, Ura-Ki and ochit like this.
  13. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

They should go do a show in Skid Row.
    That ought to have enough reality for any show.

Ura-Ki and ochit like this.
  14. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Probably more broken crack pipes than they want to see or show :)

Ura-Ki, Altoidfishfins and ochit like this.
  15. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Seattle Washington is full of people live off grid and getting more every day.

16. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Wow, can you get more obvious that that ad?

Obvious in the sense that no one in their right mind would ever respond.

Tully Mars, Ura-Ki and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  17. BTPost

However. their are enough Attention Freaks, and Egomaniacs that think they could actually pull it off, as long as they get to go back to the motel after the scene is shot....

18. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I have heard that being homeless or living on the street is a great way to acquire survival skills.

Caveman Jim, ochit, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  19. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I know some people who might be interested in the casting call. There are seven of them: There is this college teacher guy, a ship's deck hand and his boss, a farm girl, some rich old guy and his wife, and an actress. There was a documentary series on them a while back and they might be willing to give it another go.

DKR, Caveman Jim, Tully Mars and 5 others like this.
  20. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

That group were my inspiration for every thing in life! I learned every thing about survival from them! Later when that British SAS dude came on the scene, I watched him and laughed at all the fake stuff he did! FAKE!

Tully Mars and 3M-TA3 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7