Official Looking Government Quarantine Signs on Doors & Windows During TEOTWAWKI Will It Work?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, Jun 24, 2019.

1. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

This was posted on another forum and I'd like to know the opinions of people on this forum if this will work even if just to a point. The gist of the post was that one can get official looking metal quarantine signs online and should the situation arise use them as a way to stop marauders from entering your home & property during TEOTWAWKI especially during a Bio Pandemic. What do you think?

2. aardbewoner

aardbewoner judge a human on how he act,not on look and talk.

Will not work,hungry and greedy persons stop at nothing.You even got the risk the burn you down just to be sure.

VisuTrac, sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Sometimes you have to leave a message on a more spiritual level.

dead vulture effigy.
    This local church used birds most basic instincts to keep them from roosting on the roof.

A rancid smell and a blanket covered lump on the porch is the equal of this on a human level. With humans it only works if there are easier targets.

Yup, humans are more determined scavengers than buzzards.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  4. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Absolute Genius! Wonder if throwing a couple of dead bodies in front of a "Quarantined Sign" will work during TEOTWAWKI? Which brings up the old joke, warning this may be offensive to some, so read at your own risk, a man is about to attack a woman. She tells him she has an STD to stop him. He replies, "well so do I".

Salted Weapon and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Big Red X spray painted on the door with INFECTIOUS BODIES INSIDE sprayed on the wall beside the door will work just as well. And for .75 cents to $1 for a bargain bin can of spray paint. And yep either way good chance of folks just burning down your apartment just to be safe. Then digging you out and eating what is left of you now that the tainted meat is cleansed and sanitized by fire.

ED GEiN, Zimmy, Alf60 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Mans inevitable curiosity will always get the best of him.

ED GEiN, Zimmy, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  7. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I would torch the building myself. Better safe than sorry.

VisuTrac, TnAndy, ED GEiN and 4 others like this.
  8. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Another problem with dead bodies is that they DO invite disease and such and if you are living near them could very well infect you. Hoist by your own petard you might say.

ED GEiN, Zimmy, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  9. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Do signs saying " No Gun Zone" work?

Yard Dart, Zimmy, SB21 and 4 others like this.
  10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Be like Vlad

Kill your enemy's

Impale you enemy's

Eat your enemy's

VLAD THE IMPALER !

vlad.

ED GEiN, oldawg, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  11. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Now there is a guy that had it all figured out.

12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

No placards needed. Just get a can of spray paint. The government is not going to place signs.

300px-Katrina_x_large.
    You should have one of these^^ and know what it means. This is what rescuers use. LEO, first responders, FEMA use this method.

FEMA.

13. Salted Weapon

Salted Weapon Monkey+++

Do what was done with Katrina, just mark a big ole red X, chances are those approached wont be drawn, cause they think you dead.

14. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I don't know where to find the sign, but it say's ,,, " If you can read this sign , You are in my crosshairs " . This will make them think twice about advancing . Plus , if you've got your perimeter wired so that you know when someone is crossing into your AO , you can make that sign a fact , and all that come after that 1st guy , will see that passing the sign does carry consequences .

Gator 45/70 and techsar like this.
  15. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

16. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

What @Motomom34 posted is 100% effective at stopping would be tangos for a few weeks at most! Depending on Climate, that could only be good for days or as long as months! And.................................if it's smells or not!
    Nothing says stay out like the smell of death, even those who have never smelled it recognize it instantly and react to it instinctively! So, your spray paint trick is only as good as the rank coming from the marked place!

Having experienced this in a war zone, I can tell you, people will eventually risk every thing for the chance to find needful things! Having seen entire town destroyed by mortar and artillery attacks, people were still willing to risk life and limb to search the rubble for any morsel of food, any thing of value, and any thing they could use in their own survival! Those living found among the rubble were quickly evicted, often forcefully and those who chose to make a stand, died just as quickly!
    The very best defense was to not be there where any one would look, and to keep moving as the roving bands did their thing!
    never circle back, and if needed, set an ambush and then boogy out of there! OR.............Having a good defense in depth between you and fellow survivors, that will ether convince the roving bands to move on, or commit to taking losses to try and take what may or may not be worth the risks!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Could YOU survive any of this?
    Sarajevo circa 1992/3

17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I bet you may have 1 or 2 signs up...lol
    I like the one on trespassers about you would be better off wearing pork-chop under ware and slapping a lion on the ass than stepping foot on my property...Or something along that line....!

techsar and Ura-Ki like this.
  18. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I was getting ready to say Sarajevo , then saw it .
    Some parts of Beruit was almost as bad as that in the 80's . It's amazing what some people will live thru if they just do not have anywhere else to go , and some just will not leave as it is their home . Those are some hard times that most people here in the states have no idea what it would be like to live in .
    I would love to send ship loads of these whiny assed snowflakes over to those areas , drop them off , and tell them to survive for a couple of months in that . If they came back , they'd have a whole different view on life .

19. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

It was amazing and heart breaking to see that Civil war, and just what man is capable of doing! Seeing women and children living in conditions that would make the strongest weep, and seeing what the Muslims did to those people was nothing short of appalling!
    Crime was a serious business, made even more so by the presence of the U.N. who played all sides and even supported favored enclaves! I saw it all street by street, town by town for over 2 years!
    Imagine a fairly large town completely taken over by the "Religion of Peace" and the people held captive to provide entertainment to their captors! Drugs, Rape, Prostitution, Murder for Sport, Pillaging and Corruption at the lowest and highest levels! The entrance to said town had a large sign painted with "America Go Home" and no welcome any!
    The Locals devolved into an existence that would make the hardest man cry, and it was an especially rewarding experience to Liberate that town and it's people and restore Law and Order! Only time in my life I actually wanted to murder some one ( several Some ones actually) and I was far from alone in those thoughts, and I had a loaded rifle in my hands, safety on, finger on the trigger guard, low and ready! How could a loving husband and father witness such things and not want absolution, especially when those who were responsible were standing right there a few feet away and taunting you, mocking you and laughing at you, all the while knowing you could not touch them! Much to their surprise when we rolled in and kicked the shit out of them and drove them out en-mass with nothing but the clothes on their bodies!

Gray Wolf, Motomom34, SB21 and 10 others like this.
  20. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Does that include Dead Birds and animals?
    Are those lyrics of a song? Have there been any songs titled Vlad the Impaler? If not, if I credit you, I may try to write and record this "Vlad The Impaler"

Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7