On Crime and Punishment and the Ides of March.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by UncleMorgan, Jul 9, 2016.

1. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

So far, Obama and Hillary have both been entirely successful in the commission of their multiple acts of treason, murder, plus an uncountable assortment of mere felonies (each).

But the Ides of March will arrive in November of this year.

If Obama tries to stay in office "for the duration of the present National Emergency" and/or institute martial law there will literally be blood in the streets.

My prediction is that Obama will pardon Hillary of any and all crimes she may have committed in the past for "the good of our Nation", thereby absolving her without any admissions of guilt or courtroom proof thereof. Then Hillary will ascend the throne while Obama cheerfully takes his position on the SCOTUS and continues his lifelong mission to destroy the United States of America by every possible means.

Note that Hillary will NEVER be indicted for her "email problems" because if she were ever tried she would certainly be found guilty--barring only a fixed judge and jury.

Then she would be ineligible for the Presidency, or to hold any other political office whatsoever.

In this I refer to 18 U.S. Code § 2071 (see at 18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally).

So the ultimate prevention of trial--if mere threats, bribery, intimidation, obstruction of justice, additional murders, and serial fibbing, all fail to do the job--is a residential pardon.

Which, I might add, the President has ZERO Constitutional authority to grant.

If Trump is elected, the chance of Obama landing on the bench of the SCOTUS will be zero, plus tax. The chance of Hillary holding any future office or even just staying out of jail will be about the same.

So maybe it's the Ides of Trump that will arrive this November.

I certainly hope so.

GOG, Altoidfishfins, 3M-TA3 and 5 others like this.
  2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

So, what happens if the President-elect dies prior to taking the oath of office? Does the runner-up become the winner, or do new elections take place?

3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I think it goes to the Vice President-elect...

4. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Or maybe the VP...Who has just been Biden his time...

3M-TA3 likes this.
  5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

IIRC the Speaker of the House would be next in line, correct?

1. Ganado
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Thunder5Ranch
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Bandit99
  6. Yard Dart
  7. Legion489
  8. Yard Dart
  9. 3M-TA3
  10. Tempstar
  11. Bandit99
  12. Yard Dart