One of Us

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by Meat, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Ganado, arleigh, Motomom34 and 2 others like this.
  2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I think there is one statement that resonates a bit of clarity on this madman and the many others like him in today's society. I would not say it is the only cause or reason but venture it's definitely is one of the main ones...

"To Breivik these were not just words: he had found a cause, a way to show his real power and get recognition at last from a cold and indifferent world."

Meat and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Off to read the article. Such a disturbing event. I will never forget that day. It was chilling how calmly he walked around, slaughtering children.

chelloveck, Ura-Ki and Meat like this.
  4. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

The lesson for me is run first. Next attempt to fight with rocks, sticks, or any blunt object. This is of course with much respect to the deceased. RIP.

chelloveck likes this.
  5. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Ya gotta love Norway and its extremely liberal ways.
    I wonder if they sent him to the "resort" - Bastøy Prison, to serve out his sentence?

oldman11 and Meat like this.
  6. duane

duane Monkey+++

Island where the incident occurred is the ultimate "gun free" zone, once he killed the volunteer security officer, who may or may not have been armed, there was no one on the island to prevent him from doing as he wished. The remarkable thing is that the toll was as low as it was. It is only the total inability of the shooter to do anything really well that limited the count to the obscene level it reached and the cell phones and the news helicopter that could have aided in limiting the number killed , instead of documenting them and turning it into a "facebook" sensation. Run, hide, throw rocks, do anything but become yet another clueless victim if anything like that ever occurs in your life.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7