[OO] deer

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by sec_monkey, Nov 27, 2018.

1. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

2. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

Down state has more guns than the south side of Chicago NOT FAKE NEWS

Sometimes we just hit them with cars ( I guess I should have also said Deer in there )

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Too cold north of interstate 10 to even think about hunting or fishing. Here in Florida deer hunting via Bow and Arrow starts in Sept. and regular Gun season stops in January. So you can hunt deer every day for somewhere between 4 and 5 months. No checks or tags of any sort except on some State or National Land.
    I think there is both a daily limit and possession limit, but unless you are selling deer meat, no one is checking that either. Deer are very abundant and growing in numbers. Ditto bear and hogs. Bear very limited hunting. Hogs on State and National land where permitted much the same as deer harvesting. Hogs on private property hunting allowed 24/7 365 days of year with land owner permission.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  4. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

Well the High here today is 22 with a low of 18 with a trace of snow on the ground time for a hearty breakfast

5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

That is quite a haul for a weekend .

GrayGhost, sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Cars are part of the "Got to get them early or the poachers will get em all" Technique down here :)

7. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

VisuTrac, Dunerunner, Ganado and 5 others like this.
  8. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Don't you just hate stupid, skittish poorly trained city hunters, and or drunk hunters?

9. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Trigger happy idiots , my finger never hits the trigger till I know exactly what I'm fixing to kill .

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

PA has a similar body count. Last year, the count yielded 65 TONS of meat contributed to food pantries.

CWD is making it's presence known more and more each year.

11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I can tell the states with no Cajuns.....[ROFL][lolol][peep]

12. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

13. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Didn't think those who lived in Illinois were even allowed to own guns, let alone hunt deer.

14. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I got to thinking here , ,,,hmm,,imagine that ...:D.
    59,000 deer taken in 1 weekend , this could just show you in a SHTF situation , just how fast that food supply could be wiped out .

GrayGhost, Dunerunner, Merkun and 4 others like this.
  15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Right on, Cows Horse's etc.etc

Dunerunner and sec_monkey like this.
  16. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I hate hunters. Lifelong hatred of having to repair fences as a kid when the bastards cut the fences on private property rather than going around to the damn gate

When my grandfather got old, he would drive around during hunting season and shoot at them for trespassing. The Sheriff would come talk to him. He would say he was defending his rights. I kept wondering when he was going to get killed but as it turns out he got a reputation as the 'crazy old man' and it stopped alot of trespassing.

Alf60, TXKajun, GrayGhost and 4 others like this.
  17. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

"crazy old man"...I think there might be a few of those around here....:whistle: :whistle:

18. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

This country needs quite a few more of those crazy old men .

19. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

My season was short. I bought one tag. Never went out at all. My sister called me had a big doe stuck in her horse fence. Crossbow 10 yards. She didnt go anywhere. ha ha ha . Used front end loader to pick her up to release the one foot. Horses were slightly amused. Tagged her and she is now safely in the freezer. This hunting stuff is getting harder every year , last year I shot my deer while walking out to my blind on day one. :)

20. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

(crazy old men) not on this forum.

Grandpa Patch and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7