Oregon Monkeys You Have Been Fooked - Buy Any New Guns and Mags By December 7

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by 3M-TA3, Nov 12, 2022.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Oregon voters have sided with the authoritarian Democrats once again by punishing law abiding citizens instead of dealing with the crime problems created by the left. Voter Initiative 114 has officially passed changing Oregon from one of the most free 2A states into possible the least free, and yes, I mean even California, and there is more to come.

The new law goes into effect on December 8, and in addition to a mag ban over 10 rounds includes a registry for all new purposes. The most restrictive part is the requirement for a costly permit required to make a firearm purchase or sale. To get a permit you are required to take a two day training course of classroom and live fire that must be provided by our currently defunded police departments. IMO it will take up to a year to get funding and facilities in place. IMO it was designed to put all gun shops out of business as a permanent death blow to firearms ownership.

This new lay also invalidates the three day rule for background checks so they can delay your purchase indefinitely.

Buy mags and firearms you have been putting off NOW.

What's coming - The Democrats have a legislative supermajority and own the Governorship so there is no chance of vetoing any new gun control legislation. The only tool available to the opposition has been to not show up preventing quorum. This tool is no longer available. Another "grass roots" initiative was passed that prevents any politician from running for the same office if they miss ten or more days during a legislative session.

This means that the very leftist Oregon Democrats are free to steamroll anything they want. This includes some insanely high taxes (we expect a sales tax) and the AWB they have been lusting over for several years. This is just the beginning.

Oregonians BUY NOW. Very soon it will be impossible to order mags online as the sellers need to ensure that they arrive prior to December 8th.

Oregon is now less free that California in one fell swoop.

2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Bull...enough rounds find their mark and it WILL be vetoed ;)

Seepalaces and Dannyboy53 like this.
  3. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
    Tully Mars, GOG and Seepalaces like this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Sadly, just a dream. Oregon would have to approve and they would no longer be able to harvest taxes from people they don't give a damn about. The other reason is that they are zealots who take pleasure in forcing others to bend to their will.

Even if it happened, when the locusts have eaten up everything Oregon has to offer they will start moving to Idaho. Boise is already turning blue as many of them are moving on now that as hard as they tried to make violent criminals comfortable there is STILL violent crime, so they muct now seek a safer place to live.

Tully Mars and Seepalaces like this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Jesus what a cluster, I'm sure the NRA's will challenge this before the ink dries

Tully Mars and Seepalaces like this.
  6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

It amazes me given the crime rate in Portland that people would vote away the means of defending themselves. I guess this is the week of illogical events. LOL! Vote for higher gas prices, more crime, more inflation, more open borders and no means to defend yourself. Maybe these elections are rigged? Sure as hell doesn't make any sense...

I think people need to read a few real-life horror stories like those murders in Lackland, Florida where the nutcase killed husband, wife, grandmother and 3-month baby for no reason... they were murdered begging for their lives, hiding in the bathroom for no reason except the guy was nuts. He didn't know them, didn't even want to rob them... I will never disarm myself. Never.

Yes, sadly the greater Idaho initiative is just a dream. There is no way, the Washington or Oregon politicians would give up the tax money.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
  7. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

One good thing coming from this, my husband is praying about leaving. We went to Florida right after the hurricane and he went to Texas last year. The pandemic moved him from seeing my planning as an interesting indulgence to seeing my planning as surprisingly useful. Now unless Jesus tells us to hold the line here, he wants to get out of this insanity. And he understands that we need to treat this like enemy territory.

8. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Seepalaces, give North Idaho a look. You wouldn't regret it. There is no place in my mind as beautiful as the Oregon coast but North Idaho is lovely and their rock-solid, common-sense folk. You'ld love it!

9. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

Without being too bad with opsec, my husband is a genius. I mean, he has an iq of just over 160. And he can pretty much work anywhere. But he is pure paladin. So, no way in the universe will he go anywhere until he feels like the Lord has called it. And if he feels like the Lord tells us to go to Antarctica, we'll end up on the pole. If it was up to me, I'd already be in North Idaho, because I agree with you. But I'm the luckiest woman in the world and I will live under a bridge with the man if that's what he says we should do. If that makes sense...

10. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I my mind, only Sherrif's in Blue counties will even attempt enforcement of the magazine restriction but having to get licensed just to purchase and charged for that along with renewal of said license is infringement. It violates the 2nd for those in low-income status especially the elderly on fixed income retirements or social security. 114 will not stand if challenged in court. Magazine restrictions are ridiculous and will not prevent anything. Where is the restriction on the purchase and possession of hammers??

11. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

If you are unfortunate enough to live on the Left Coast and wish to purchase a firearm, magazines or ammo, then your best bet is to drive east...until you reach Free America! Pay with cash, try not to leave a paper trail and obey the traffic laws on your way home! Sure am glad that I live in Alabama!

12. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Hey conservative Oregonians, there is plenty of room for you here in Iowa. We just voted out the 1 liberal congress critter in the state. We now have constitutional carry, just added more protection for the 2A in our state constitution, governor and state legislature are red, next year state income tax goes to a low flat tax rate, budget surplus, right to work state. We are looking for skilled tradesmen.

GOG, Tully Mars, oldawg and 5 others like this.
  13. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Not to mention that the left via identity politics has been telling us that People of Color are all too impoverished to have to pay for so much as a photo ID in order to prove who they are for voting purposes. Now, they are OK with placing a much greater financiual burden on them if they so dare want to be able to protect themselves and their families.

14. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

What's the best place to work/live out there? Say for someone who loves trees and rivers? Asking for a friend...

15. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

How are you for NFA items like silencers, SBR's, and Machine guns? I noticed that as of 2021 ago Class 3 items were prohibited as was Constitutional Carry (that you just rectified).

Gator 45/70 and Seepalaces like this.
  16. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Travel Dubuque - What to Do, Taste, Explore in Dubuque, Iowa
    Really anywhere along the eastern side is good with the Mississippi and trees if you are outside of town. Keokuk and Muscatine are nice.
    We are working on silencers. There is a very strong pro 2A movement here and our state is getting more and more red with each passing election. Just stay out of DesMoines and Iowa City to avoid libs.
    My employer is having a hard time getting skilled trades and are offering $5k signing bonuses for electricians and mechanics.

17. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

You Origonos need to get together and get the nastyiest LawDawg you can find and file suit in one of Oregon’s Federal District Courts and make these Yahoo State boys defend this new Statute with the understanding supplied by SCOTUS Precedent in Bruin… There is no way it passes Constitutional Muster when examined under the REQUIRED Strict Scrutiny, and in light of the other REQUIRED light of the Traditional Understanding at the time of the passage of the Second Amendment …Make them “Put up or Shut the F**k Up”….

GOG, Tully Mars, Dunerunner and 5 others like this.
  18. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Was in Muscatine years ago on business. Nice area. Only thing weird was the hotel I stayed in was one of themed ones aimed at romantic couples. For example looking through the brochure they had stuff like a caveman room, a medieval room, sci fi fantasy, etc, and just a small hand full of normal rooms for folks like me. Seemed kind of strange for a small town.

I did like the area, if they ever OK SBR's and silencers it will be a definite option.

Gator 45/70 and Seepalaces like this.
  19. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

What hotel was that? Asking for a friend…

Tully Mars, Ura-Ki, 3M-TA3 and 2 others like this.
  20. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Appears it has been bought and sold a few times and may still be in operation as an Econolodge of all things. It was not named the "Fanta Suites" when I was there but this has to be the place
    Muscatine, IA - Fanta-Suite Motel - Theme Rooms (Closed)

Let us know how it goes. IIRC the Jungle Room looked pretty intriguing.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7