Ozone hole

Discussion in 'Politics' started by johnbb, Sep 19, 2021.

1. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Remember how the outcry was we must ban R-14 because it was destroying the Ozone layer. So R-14 was banned and guess what they are reporting on the weather channel. The ozone hole is now bigger than Antartica--guess it wasn't R-14 and other fluorocarbons. Follow the science the libs say Ha -- IMO all the hot air and lies the libs have been spewing lately is destroying the ozone--my guess is as good as these so called scientists.

Dunerunner, duane, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Follow the Science (tm) is just something to keep us from following the money.

3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

There is supposedly a large Ozone hole over Australia , It has nothing to do with people but the heat there is significant.

Dunerunner, duane and SB21 like this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I find Climate Scientists to be dumber than Rocks… and Atmospheric Ozone Scientists to be very poor Chemists… I knew a few while I was in college… and they were very unimpressive… as Chemists…

5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I say we shoot some of our best climatologists up in one of the space x ships and don't let them come back till they've fixed it.

Dunerunner likes this.
  6. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Low geomagnetic field + solar protons. = Ozone hole deluxe

Dunerunner and Motomom34 like this.
  7. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

can we have CFCs back please?

Idahoser likes this.
  8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Its all bs. Solar protons are far more destructive to Ozone than man.
    The largest holes to dare have been observed since CFC levels have been going down since the 2000s. But the earth's magnetic field is also down at least 15% since 2000. Letting more of those pesky solar protons in.

Dunerunner and DKR like this.
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I guess there's a joke hidden someplace in there like.
    People that have received the jab are now emitting fluorocarbon's vs methane gas ?
    Yall work with this [ROFL][fnny]

Dunerunner, SB21, Tempstar and 4 others like this.
  10. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Wild Bill, you ain't right...and none of them empty screw holes line up.

Dunerunner and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

Nobody's jabbing me in my ozone hole. I off gas methane there.

12. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

That ozone hole theory being caused by R-12 was boosted in part by duPont because their patent was running out.
    Yep, follow the money
    We now must use R134a which is less efficient.

Dunerunner, mysterymet, SB21 and 4 others like this.
  13. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

We were in the liquor business during that time and I remember that we stocked-up on a LOT! of R-12, because that is what our compressors used....also our A/C units (business, home and auto), refrigerators/freezers, etc!. We had the coldest beer in town and that wasn't gonna change! Eventually, we used up all of the R-12 and they developed other types of Freon, like R-134a that worked in all of our equipment. It was also good that our refrigeration repairmen were friends of ours and didn't insist on finding and repairing ALL leaks in the cooling units...that can get expensive...rather they would just add Freon to a unit if the leak was small.

Dunerunner, Gator 45/70 and johnbb like this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The hole in the ozone was first observed in 1978 I think. And they automatically blamed it 100% on man's activities with no actual scientific evidence, used hyperbole to whip up a public panic... Sound familiar?
    Oh and the hole in the ozone and banning CFCs was the first test of chevron deference ouside of the oil industry.
    From then on the epa does what ever they want.

15. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Since science has been politicized, its been bought and paid for. It was too important to not be used by the the politicians.

16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I have a jug of R-14 I bought at an estate sale,Must be 7 lbs in it, Reckon how much it's worth?

Dunerunner likes this.
  17. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

WW-II saw the largest amounts of CFC's and all sorts of super pollutants unleashed upon the earth, and ya know what, It had ZERO effect upon the environment!

18. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

I guess you mean R-12. Worth very little now, that window has closed.

Dunerunner, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Had to go back and check, You're correct R-12

Dunerunner and SB21 like this.
  20. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Check out Ebay people are selling R-12 any where from 22 bucks for 12 oz can up to 40 bucks a can. 7 lbs would be worth quite a bit to someone who needs it --hold on to it

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7