P**s on the taliban.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by larryinalabama, Jan 12, 2012.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Any objections?

2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

yes.
    Not very warrior like.
    Dead is dead.
    remember the us contractors that who's bodies were strung up on the bridge in Iraq? were you pissed?

How about the body of a dead us serviceman in somalia being dragged around.

All it does is increase hatred of the other side.

just my opinion.

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

supplemental thought: Erm, are these going to be some of the same 'soldiers' that would violate 'posse comitatus' or walk around after Katrina collecting our weapons because they received orders to do so?

Things that make you go hmm?

Again, just my humble opinion.

V

Redneck Rebel likes this.
  4. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Your probably right.

However I can assure the other side cant hate us anymore than they already do, and I also thought it was funny.

I watched on live TV people jumping several hundred feet out of the World Trade to keep from burning up while the Tailabain types were dancing in the streets.

What was woorse, killing the SOBS or pissing on them?

5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

I think it was some young fellers "realiving" themselves after a gun fight.

6. -06

-06 Monkey+++

The video should never have been seen. It only serves to inflame the camel jockeys/sheetheads. We have enough trouble with them already. Would have done it also but would have taken a club to the picture taker. It is OK for them to behead their prisoners and torture them on camera but not this. We are supposed to be better men than this--at least on video. I have no compassion for someone trying to kill me or mine. Would not bother me one bit to dump pig's blood/entrails on them like Gen. Pershing did.

STANGF150 likes this.
  7. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

I guess my simple mind cant comprend killing people in hopes that they wont hate you.

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

First comes the hate, then the killing.

9. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Trying to fight a politically correct war is pure BULL S%$#. Does anyone even know if we won the war in Iraq? Or how long it will take Iran to move back into Iraq?

10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

To deny another's humanity is to deny one's own humanity

I'm pleased to know where some people stand....all that such nonsense serves to do is to reinforce and strengthen the resolution of Islamists, Christians , Jews and (insert religious belief system here) to believe that their opponents are devils and demons. Such rhetoric tends to discourage the faithful from disbelieving the propaganda of their clerics, be they idiotic islamists, crazed christians or rabid rabbis.

I have no time for the stupid behaviour of the adherents of any religious belief system....but I see no good purpose in pissing on christians or muslims because of their stupidity or cruel inhumanity to others...no matter what the provocation or the temptation....doing so merely dehumanises me, and brings me down to their level...not a good place for any decent, ethical person to be.

But I guess some people undoubtedly think differently and perhaps see no problem with Abu Ghraib etc.

Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is a little hypocritical to be claiming the moral high ground when standing in a pool of porcine blood, pig shite and offal, whilst bucketing one's mortal enemies with same. What one throws at others oft splatters back to an extent that outsiders may find difficulty differentiating between the two antagonists.

11. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

I figure if some thinks they will be beaten and tortured and then pi**s on after your dead might just have enough sense to leave you alone

12. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Personally, The "dead is dead" statement says it all for me. After that I really do not care.
    I don't think desecrating the bodies of deceased taliban fighters makes them hate us any more or less. What I do think is it provides ammunition for them to use in the court of public opinion worldwide.
    Hell, tunnel rats and others in Vietnam took ears on a pretty common basis.
    Back the clock up 200 years or so and we can talk about scalps. It's all the same thing.
    War is a primal thing. Spend too much time at it and it is bound to effect your mind, and push you closer to the dark side. But then, what do I know? I could be totally nuts ...[loco]

13. chelloveck

Depart from the LOAC at your peril.

That is wishful thinking....if that kind of logic held true, would there be any US servicemen in Iraq or Afghanistan??? It would be even more optimistic when applied to moslems...the fact that they may be beaten and tortured and despoiled would make them believe that their god would be especially pleased with their sacrifices. Dying in the service of Allah is especially meritorious, dying in one's old age a pious man is honourable but not as meritorious as dying as a Jihadi defending one's faith against infidels with bladder control issues : S

A man will fight to the bitter end if he feels that capture will result in torture and death...he is more likely to surrender, thereby saving unneccesary bloodshed if he feels that he will be humanely treated in captivity.

tulianr likes this.
  14. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

With all due respect the meanest SOB with the biggest guns rules the world.

Wishfull thinking is WAR IS NOT NECESSARY.

15. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

Im a little rough cut when it comes to things like this and most of the time offend people. War is war and when you see what these bastards has done to your friends and other soldiers. If they get p!$$ed on so be it to be classified as a worrior you have to have honor for the battle and your enemy. These guys have no honor for toward other worriors so they should be given no honor or respect. I am a firm believer that you should show the enemy what will happen when confronted. Hang them from bridges, outside of their buildings, burn them in the town squares. We are there for war not to make friends if they behead one American and video tape it we should behead 30 of them and video it. Fear is a key to war when we run them out of their strong hold city's we should put the American flag in the town square Bagdad of the USA put contractors in settle the towns pump the oil and send it home at a fare price. Sun Tzu said the spoils of war should go to the winnig force. The taliban is a goup of cowards that should be hunted down killed P!$$ed on then impaled on stakes in the view of the world to send a message we are not a week nation we are a nation of true worriors and can fight with honor or we can fight without only with cruel and degrading tactics. How ever we will fight

16. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Pretty charged subject

I would note that current regs do not allow the taking of photos of deaders. Period.

So I take this pissing contest as -

A direct demonstration unit command cohesion is broken. Utterly. At every level up to the Corps.

Someone is dumber than a box of rocks. Or super pissed off at the Corps.

Shortly, as these things are measured, 100,000 troops (or more) will be on the street looking for a job. This video hurts every one of them.

From a personal perspective, the hajis have been caving each other up in ways not know to Western man since about 900 AD. That's more than 100 generations of man.

It is the height of arrogance to believe that (The Brits, The Soviet, the US) showing up, dropping a few bombs and shooting a few hajis will change anything that has been going on for so many generations of life in this backward and isolated spot on the planet.

Here in the West, this will be used as a political weapon and much ink will be spilt over it it, all the while ignoring one of the fundamentals of military life.

It doesn't matter what the President says, nor the Sec of State, head of the Dept of defense on down.

The SOB that really sets National policy is, and always has been, the young PFC humping humping ruck on point.
    All else is pure BS for political consumption. And thus it has been since Caesar issued the first Gladius.

God Bless America, because nobody else will.

17. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

AlphaDog I agree 100%.

18. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

The upper echilon decides what fire power they will enable the young solders to kill and defend us with, all to often they "handicap" and lessen the troops ability to kill, so if pi**ing on dead enemyes is like pissing on liberals who run this country I say keep on pi**sing.

19. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Thats wrong on so many levels...
    Personally, I would behead everyone one of them. A stick a pound of Bacon in their pockets....

Compared to what the taliban have done to humanity, pissing on their dead corpse is nothing.
    7141_1.JPG d5eb_1.JPG

Alpha Dog, Cephus, Rebel46th and 3 others like this.
  20. chelloveck

Assymetrical Warfare is a bitch to fight.

Yes ....I do believe that the Soviets held to much the same opinion...but are they in Afganistan at the moment???

The difficulty that some countries have who have traditionally relied on the biggest guns and the biggest battalions to bludgeon their enemy with, find that they really don't count for much when their opponent is fighting for his country, his faith, and his tribe, who knows his own country intimately, is cunning, wily, and has the patience and endurance to grind their better armed and equipped opponents into the ground.

Democracies have little stomach for marathon wars of interminable duration and expense in cost of lives and finances. Afghanistan has been the graveyard of empires from the time of Alexander the Great, and so it will prove to be of the NATO Coalition. As it was found to be in Vietnam, so it will prove to be in Afganistan: popguns, punji stakes (IEDs), grit and endurance will see the Infidels off when politicians from liberal democracies succumb to the vagaries of the 3 to 4 year election cycle. Desecrating corpses IMNSHO is just the empty, futile posturing of those who haven't the wit to do any better. Assymetrical warfare is a bitch to fight...sure the conventional big guns and battalions have their advantages...but so do the little guys fighting unconventionally, but that is a lesson lost to some who have forgotten the historical lessons of their own country's guerilla war of liberation.

Personally, in any company that I was a company commander of, any officer, NCO or soldier under my command found abusing prisoners or desecrating corpses would be brought before a Defence Forces Disciplinary Tribunal and tried accordingly. Such offences if committed, eat away at the good order and discipline of a military unit, rendering it less effective as a combat unit. What some find a taste for in war, some may have a tendancy to persue in peace time. As an Officer, I would try to return my soldiers to civil society in peace time as honourable men and woman, rather than as dishonourable thugs and bullies.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7