P50 by KelTec

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by OldDude49, Feb 15, 2021.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

interesting pistol... in a interesting caliber...

P50 - KelTec

2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I want one. Haven't seen one for sale anywhere.

3. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Not shipped yet, no wonder. No, you are not blind ----

4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

and only $150+ to fill one magazine, if you can even buy the ammo....

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

wideym likes this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Yeah now is not the time to adopt 5.7x28.
    Before the plandemic 5.7 ammo had dropped to as low as $25 a box.

Brokor likes this.
  7. duane

duane Monkey+++

Was developed for a NATO replacement for the old 9mm Luger in the 1990's . One version of the bullet SS190Duty round in tests the RCMP did in 1999 in Canada had it at 25 meters penetrate about 10 in into the test gelatin after passing thru a level 2 kelvar vest. It would seem to be best suited to military and police, who are allowed to use armor piercing ammo, but doesn't seem to offer much advantage to most civilian users. Would rather stack 9 or 10 mm deeper and not add another cartridge caliber to the mix. UMMV

FN 5.7×28mm - Wikipedia

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    jim2, Brokor and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  8. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

The round you speak of (that penetrates vest) is not and has not been available to civilians.
    What it is? Well it is a light weight round with high velocity rounds in a full size semi auto in 20 round mag. In a light weight heavy duty semiauto pistol and is also super light.
    Original round was designed to penetrate NATO vest.
    I hear that some who use it for conceal carry have to do a pat down to ensure they have it in a holster with them.

9. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Almost looks like the old GyroJet pistol of the mid 60s.

gunbunny, VisuTrac and HK_User like this.
  10. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

I've sold all three of my 5.7 guns (PS90, FiveSeven pistol, and 5.7 AR-15) recently since I rarely shoot them anymore along with 42 boxes of ammo. I like the concept of the P50, but I dislike the lack of shoulder stock options. I had one friend hate on it due to the odd magazine placement and magazine change difficulty, but with 50 rounds on tap, mag quick mag changes aren't an issue for me.

I don't regret divesting myself of the 5.7 caliber for now since the Ruger and Keltec versions are pretty much unobtainable at this time except for exorbitant prices.

11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well at some point they finally shipped.
    They are still going for stupid amounts on gun broker.
    I'll do it like I did with the gemtech SFN silencer. Back around 2008 to 2010 you'd better not even think about one unless you were ready to drop at least a thousand on one. Yeah a thousand 2010 dollars is like $1,200 now. I got mine when they weren't cool any more for $400.

Brokor likes this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Price is coming down, but I'm looking for the "it's not cool any more" price.
    Probably next year.
    Plus my 5.7x28 ammo has been reduced to squat. Since I only have the one 5.7x28 gun I sold all the ammo since it was going for stupid amounts and I figured out the first time I shot it with the SFN silencer the full power factory ammo just isn't a good match for the suppressed fiveseven.

gunbunny and Brokor like this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

When it first came out the P50 was going for around $2,000 to $2,500. November around $1,700. Today, barely 2 months later they seem to be going for $800 to $1,000. That's a big drop.
    A P50 with a stock would be a low dollar P90 replacement. As a PS90 is about $1,700-$1,800 and piecing together a P90 would run around $1,600.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The price may be leveling off.
    They bid up immediately around $800 and most of the "buy it nows" are in the $1,100 range with shipping.

15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Looks like the price has leveled off and it significantly cheaper than a P90 or AR57 upper, if you find one.

16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

They're starting to pile up on gunbroker. 4 sold pages of P50. Buy it now is around $940 for the cheapest ones.
    Probably find one much cheaper locally, if I can find one.

17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The local gun shop has one for $1,150, the going price about 6 months ago.
    I got one off gun broker for about $900 after taxes and shipping.
    I think I'm going to sbr it, put a real stock, fixed or folder not sure yet.

18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I went to the local gun shop to do the ffl transfer. They said their cost is $900.
    So don't expect them to get much cheaper than $900. I got mine from a big gunbroker dealer, they probably bought a pallet of them or they are divesting them because they are selling too slowly.
    So that was a bit awkward.

19. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Classic firearms had 16 inch AR57 uppers for sale for $650. I almost got one then I thought 5.7 should stay PDW sized, like a P90 or P50. And AR57 minimum OAL even when SBRed would be at least 26 inches.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
    CraftyMofo likes this.
  20. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I put in a form1 for the P50.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7