Palmetto State Armory PSA Forum

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by HK_User, Jan 17, 2022.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  2. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

For a second there I thought you were talking about Prostate trouble.

Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  3. HK_User

Palmetto State Armory!
    Palmetto
    because they are in SC.
    [​IMG]

3M-TA3, Dannyboy53 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yes, I've purchased from them before. :)
    Haven't been to their web site in awhile. Maybe it's time to make a return trip.

Dannyboy53 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. HK_User

Yup they now make a Glock Clone.

Dannyboy53 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

They are doing daily deals with prices on bunches of items close to pre Joe/Dehoe

Dannyboy53, Dunerunner and HK_User like this.
  7. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

I got one of their 18” barrel uppers, average group was just under an inch at 100 yds, best was .75”. I think the upper and everything else but the receiver was $399.

8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Their daily deal email teasers threaten to put me in the poor house... Some just bring me to tears. :whistle:

Gator 45/70 and Dannyboy53 like this.
  9. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

Plan it right and save some bucks. I like 'em.

Gator 45/70 and Dannyboy53 like this.
  10. Dannyboy53

Dannyboy53 Monkey

PSA is good people to deal with, I've bought two M4s from them and have no complaints.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

We have a PSA not 25 miles from me I try to stop in and see what they have when going into town.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

I have never bought from them, but the scuttlebutt I get about them is that their QC was very bad in the early years, but has increased exponentially to keep them from going under. The AR market literally crashed during the Trump administration and for PSA to stay afloat during those years are a good testament.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Just keep the rumors of Hillary running in 24 alive, and your M4 investments will do nothing but appreciate in value! :eek::rolleyes:

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

In years gone by they produced some real junk. like canted FSB's on barrels and BCG's that broke almost immediately, so some won't do business with them. They upped their game and began carrying better grade parts in addition to the hit or miss junk. Now they supply FN with a great number of M4 parts for their side of the contract. I always get a laugh at the Colt only crowd, since Colt lost that contract due to poor QC and inferior parts and was replaced by FN, and now they share it. That relationship with FN is why PSA also sells FN heavy chrome barrels.

This doesn't mean everything PSA is the best, but it is good, reliable, and a decent value. Their BCG's, even the PSA logoed ones are now made by ToolCraft who supplies OEM to FN as well as replacements issued in the field. If you buy one of theirs that 158 Carpenter, etc. it's the real deal at a fraction of the cost.

I have one upper and three BCG's from them. No complaints, but I will likely replace the barrel with a Faxon or Ballistics Advantage if/when I shoot it out.

Keep an eye on them for killer ammo deals. Things will loosen up after the Red Tide gets sworn in a year from now.

Gator 45/70 and johnbb like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7