Paula Deen cookware

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by stg58, Jul 2, 2013.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

No Deen cookware in my house and it may be crap but I bet there will be some bargains soon on all of the Paula Deen branded merch.

2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey..... Moderator Site Supporter++

I think she is being run down for crap she said many years ago..... I don't watch her, don't buy her cook books or anything else....
    But this woman is being destroyed in the media for crap that many said, grew up on and at some time may have blurted out in anger or fear... and that is sad but life. I take no joy and have no celebration in taking down someone.... that is different now than we once were raised to various degrees. Her actions and her words are paramount... but don't take something she said many years ago out of context and beat her with it as that is unfair since she may be a different person now than she was then. She may have said non-PC words... but under the context I have heard... she was justified based on the times....
    Live and let live is a mute point in today's media as they feed upon your flesh to get ratings and notoriety....let her go and live her life....the damage has been done to and from... those that would benefit.
    YMMV
    YD

STANGF150, kellory, tulianr and 3 others like this.
  3. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Well I look at it as the media is looking for fake crap to put out there so they don't have to report on the real crap going on, in D.C. and on the streets. If they can't manufacture a story, they have to report the facts, and those won't get ratings.

4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey..... Moderator Site Supporter++

You are exactly right in my book... they are trying to distract from all that is important to most of us...!

5. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

If I were to be judged on something I said 20-30 yrs ago...? I'd go to jail.....just sayin'....

6. ditch witch

ditch witch resident bacon hoarder Site Supporter+

I've said worse at least once a week.

She's white and southern. The media wouldn't have cared if she'd said it while being held down by a bunch of thugs and kicked half to death. They'd still have raked her over the coals for it.

7. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Just being Southern is enough to get judged these days...I swear, everyone thinks we're all uneducated, bigoted, racist, and stupid to boot....:rolleyes:

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  8. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey Site Supporter

All above have hit on the facts of the abuse of a hard working single Mom who made it big by working hard.

Now we find the excuse for the attack has admitted to be false. Basically just a ruse concocted by the woman and her attorney to gain part of the Dean Empire.

"The lawsuit against Paula Deen is not about the ‘n’ word, it’s about the TV personality abusing her power and degrading people. That’s what Lisa Jackson, the woman suing Deen, says in a newly released statement."

Don't like your Boss? Just Lie and press charges!

What a waste of money, manpower and media reporting.

YMMV

ditch witch, tulianr and Yard Dart like this.
  9. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

10. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I just might go buy one of her cookbooks in the name of freedom of speech. I might not agree with what she said but I agree with her right to have said it. Also it is not like this was last year that it happened.

Yard Dart likes this.
  11. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Ok I'll ask it: Which pan for crackers ? [tongue]

12. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

Robert Byrd was a celebrated member of the democrat party to his dying day and his KKK membership was glossed over by the media.
    His apologies were enough for the lib media Paula Deen's will never be enough.

Quote:
    "I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.
    —Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1946"

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................
    In the early 1940s, Byrd recruited 150 of his friends and associates to create a new chapter of the Ku Klux Klan in Sophia, West Virginia.[11][12]

According to Byrd, a Klan official told him, "You have a talent for leadership, BOB ... The country needs young men like you in the leadership of the nation." Byrd later recalled, "Suddenly lights flashed in my mind! Someone important had recognized my abilities! I was only 23 or 24 years old, and the thought of a political career had never really hit me. But strike me that night, it did."[11] Byrd became a recruiter and leader of his chapter.[11] When it came time to elect the top officer (Exalted Cyclops) in the local Klan unit, Byrd won unanimously.[11]

In 1946, Byrd wrote to segregationist Mississippi Senator Theodore G. Bilbo:[17]

I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.
    —Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1946[11][18][19]

In 1946 or 1947, Byrd wrote a letter to a Grand Wizard stating, "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia and in every state in the nation."[20] However, when running for the United States House of Representatives in 1952, he announced "After about a year, I became disinterested, quit paying my dues, and dropped my membership in the organization. During the nine years that have followed, I have never been interested in the Klan." He said he had joined the Klan because he felt it offered excitement and was anti-communist.[11]

In 1997, Byrd told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also: "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena."[21] In his last autobiography, Byrd explained that he was a KKK member because he "was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision—a jejune and immature outlook—seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions."[22] Byrd also said, in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."[11]

13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Moderator Moderator Site Supporter++

We use Paula Dean's house seasoning. It is great stuff & it is easy to make.

14. co9mil

co9mil Monkey

I don't own any of her stuff but I think I'll be buying some now. And probably at a discount.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7