PAULITES PLEASE READ THIS

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MicroBalrog, Aug 25, 2007.

1. MicroBalrog

MicroBalrog Monkey+++

Okay, Ron Paul people, here’s me coming out from the Desert in the Middle East and laying down things like how I think they are. My English may suck, but my opinion, I think, is worth a bit listening to.

I know a lot of you on this site want to help Ron Paul become President. You may or may not know that he has a lot of active supporters all across the world, there even was a small Ron Paul group that went about with signs in <st1:City><st1:place>Vienna</st1:place></st1:City> (yes, that’s <st1:place><st1:City>Vienna</st1:City>, <st1:country-region>Austria</st1:country-region></st1:place>).

But what Ron needs now is not just support. It’s not enough that people just vote on some Internet poll or friend him on MySpace. People need to go out and do stuff in real life – hand out fliers, register to vote in the primaries, etc.

And of course DONATE.

Now I know I’m not a citizen of the <st1:country-region><st1:place>US</st1:place></st1:country-region> yet and it’s not my place to lecture you on these things, so I want you to listen to the message here, not the messenger.

You need to do three things:

• Sign up for Meetup.com and find the Ron Paul meetup nearest to you. You will surely then know what Ron Paul activities are there near you to partake in, whether this be a straw poll, a rally, or whatever else.
    • Join Ronpaulforums.com and read the threads there. You will again see a lot of nice things you can do for Ron’s candidacy.
    • GET ACTIVE. ABOVE ALL GET ACTIVE.

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Thanks Boris...

RP is the only business NOT as usual candidate we have seen since JFK.
    I've donated and will try to help out all I can. He's the real deal.

How can anyone be against a guy who will abolish the IRS and The Federal Reserve?

3. MicroBalrog

MicroBalrog Monkey+++

Melbo, I thank you for donating. If Ron wins, your children will thank you.

But donating is unfortunately not enough - you can't afford to feel good about yourself after sending $sum. We must get out and hold the signs and spread the word and talk to people. And REGISTER REPUBLICAN.

Ron's campaign is based on grassroots activism.

4. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I think the REGISTER REPUBLICAN will be a big thing. A lot of the folks most likely to support RP the most are the same folks likely to be registered third party and if you are not registered as Republican you wont be able to vote for him in the primaries and if he dosent win there then he wont be an option in the main election.

5. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

Moneyman and others in Mo.

Remeber in Mo. you don't have to register under any party, you just show up on primary day and tell them which party you want to vote under.

OGM

6. monkeyman

At least at our local polling place they sem to not know that. When I registered I was going to not register with any party and they told me I wouldnt be able to vote for any candidates in the primary unles was registered as that party. If not registered for a party would just get a ballot with only the ballot issues and no candidates in primaries.

7. ozarkgoatman

Thats strange. I have never been asked to register for a party in Mo. I guess I just assumed it was that way, over the whole state.

OGM

8. FalconDance

FalconDance Neighborhood Witch

Neither have I. Of course, I tend to ignore those who tell me I *have* to register / vote a certain way just because, anyhow. Maybe that's why they leave me alone.

Keep in mind our local polling is at a small church and manned by well-meaning but older ladies who may or may not be completely in the know.

9. RJB

RJB Monkey+++

Missouri has open primaries, but you can only vote for 1 party. Basically that means when you walk in you have to tell them which ballot you want. The one for republican, or The one for democrat, or the one for libertarian etc.

This means you don't have to register in advance but you have to declare when voting.

10. ozarkgoatman

That is what I was trying to say, my brain doesn't always get my fingers to say what I mean. [beat]

OGM

11. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

I miss those little old ladies, asking for my ID and handing me the ballot. I liked going to the booth... it just felt more "official".

We're a vote-by-mail state. I don't like it, not one little bit. I refuse to mail and still take mine to the ballot box at the Library or the elections office.

12. monkeyman

Even though our adres is Chilhowee we still have to go to the polling place in Leeton so we vote at the city hall, your still probaly right that they just arent real clear on how its supposed to work but I figure they ae the ones with the ballots so if you dont play by what they THINK the rules are you likely dont get a ballot. They were likely just confused but told me that you got the ballot for the party you were registered for.

I need to find out about an absentee ballot this year too. Never done that before but likely (hopefuly) will be working out of state if not outside the US when the primairies come around. What is the date for the primaries anyway?

13. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7