PC slow or locking up?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by stg58, Aug 2, 2016.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

The Linux PC I am posting off of was slowing down and was locking up multiple times a week/day.
    The wheel mouse, right & right keys would work but the mouse pointer was locked up.

Changed out the mouse first no change then the keyboard which corrected the issue.

I am on the original mouse and different keyboard for 7 days now all is well solid function no lockups..

The keyboard in the trash must have been keying in garbage and filling up the buffer.

Something to try before a reformat if you have issues.

2. bmtm09

bmtm09 Monkey

thanks for the tip...mine is sick right now too

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Bought a new Tecknet keyboard, solid aluminum body and the mouse is great, too. The keys are cherry style and I like that it has a nice, subtle sound when typing. Fixed a similar problem I was having, too. My mouse was so shot, it used to take over and click things like I was being hacked remotely, lol. Of course, that wasn't happening, but it's enough to freak you out.

Joe13 and Sgt Nambu like this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

Brokor broke his Mouse..... Oh No....ohnoohnoohno[worthless] Hold the Presses.... News Flash....

5. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I have had similar issues with my laptops and just moving the mouse receiver USB to a different port helped .

Joe13 likes this.
  6. Joe13

Joe13 Monkey

I like OSX - the older I get the less I want to tinker with computers and cars.

Great tip and heads up to fix a potential issue though!

BTPost likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7