1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Personal Defense TV on OLN... not bad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackjack, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

If you have the outdoor life network, you might want to check out "Personal Defense TV". I just saw it for the first time today and it's not bad.

Just got my digital cable and I haven't found a new job since moving yet so I'm watchin a LOT of tv.

American Shooter and Shooting Gallery are pretty good as well. Lots of good hunting stuff, but I figure the average person here is more into non-hunting gun stuff.
  2. stimpy117

stimpy117 Monkey+++

Saw it too. Not bad, basic but a good start to mainline our POV.
  3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I agree, I have watched a few of them and I have my DVR set to record them. Good shows.
  4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I seen this and think it is an excellent idea. What I like most about defensive firearms training in any realm, is that it forces the participant into realization that lethal force is just that that... a dire deed that only preserves life and well-being at the cost of another's life. This single element removes the focus from carrying a gun because it's cool, to being prepared to kill someone and face the consequences, rather than being a victim. The interdict of reality forces an acceptance of responsibility on most of us that is both needed and projected. Many may see this as a beginning, a primer...and go on to persue the art of defensive reaction to a higher skill.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary