1. Given the media intensity given to the Covid 19 (otherwise known as Corona or Wuhan) virus, there seems no reason to have posts on that very specific subject in several forums Accordingly, all of those posts will be moved to "Headlines". All new items on that subject should be posted there as well. This notice will expire on 30 April, or be extended if needed. Thanks, folks.

Potential constitutional carry in another state

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by stg58, Mar 28, 2017.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Not assured but North Dakota restoring constitutional carry the move to remove suppressors from the NFA things are looking good for our Second Amendment..

Today, LRB 2039/1 was introduced to the Wisconsin State Legislature. This Right to Carry bill would allow for the concealed carry of a firearm without a concealed carry license anywhere in the state where an individual is legally allowed to carry a firearm. Additionally, LRB 2039/1 would expand the list of places where firearm owners can legally carry. LRB 2039/1 would also make the current concealed carry licensing system optional to allow citizens to obtain a license and take advantage of reciprocity agreements with other states.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170328/wisconsin-important-right-to-carry-bill-introduced

2. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++ Site Supporter++

Texas has a bill as well that has a good chance of passing.

3. stg58

Another great sign .22 ammo is available again and centerfire ammo and reloading components are plentiful and on sale everywhere.

4. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

.22 ammo still isn't $20 a brick of 500 like it was before the WH disaster known as 0bama struck. A few weeks ago I picked up a brick for $30 at a local store, but they were sold out in a hurry and it hasn't been back since at any price.

But they do have an ample supply of powder, primers and other components. I remember the bare shelves of not-so-long ago.

People are pretty well stocked I would imagine, so retailers' inventories are going to grow. Apparently that hasn't happened to the point of a fire sale yet as they're still having to sell off the stuff they bought at higher prices last year, and they're not going to do it at a slim profit or a loss.

Other than sales on individual items here and there, I would argue that ammo prices really still haven't fallen in a big way like they need to.

5. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Ohio needs to get off their butts too. Open carry is and always has been legal here...but as soon as you cover up that firearm or get into a motor vehicle, you gotta get a license. Stupidest freakin BS I ever heard of.

Marck, Dunerunner and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Traveling across country with a firearm is like traveling through Europe. No laws are the same, in some areas there is no reciprocity, in others, just having a live round in your car is a felony. This need to be fixed once and for all on a National Level!

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I'll buy into the national level fix, as long as the states do it. I do NOT want the feds to dip their toes into this one except to accept the fait accompli that the states present.

Brokor likes this.
  8. Dunerunner

@ghrit.. Amendment #2 just about sets the bar as high as it needs to go. Any more oppressive policies imposed by States constitutes infringement of that right, IMO.

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

My point is and remains that the fed has said (via the Constitution) enough and no more conditions need to be added. It isn't even necessary for the feds to enact laws or rules defanging state specific rules. Such defanging is clearly within the SCOTUS purview WHEN cases are brought before it. Bringing those cases will be up to the various prosecutors that have standing.

Dunerunner likes this.
  10. Dunerunner

Yea, but all that litigation takes time... I would like to see it handled in the same manner as Immigration. It is under the purview of the Federal Government and not a States Rights issue. That is why it was written as broadly into the Constitution as it was, as a Right and not a Privilege. If the 1st Amendment was as restricted from State to State as the 2nd is, there would be so much uproar that it would be deafening...

11. stg58

Most of this is .gov printing green back as fast as they can.

The Ammo manufactures bean counters and marketing droids see the $hortage$ and rarely after a shortage of anything do the products come back at the old price.

The point is.
    The goods are back there are rebates and sales sometimes you can combine, shop wisely the goods are on the shelves/web sites.

Marck and Altoidfishfins like this.
  12. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Bills were introduced tuesday in the mitten for constitutional carry.
    referred to judicial committee.
    hope it happens
    But we still have pistol registration even if you have a CCW

13. stg58

Looking good

Paraphrasing George Bush the older..Read my lips.... A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

[​IMG]

/////////////////////////////////////////////////
    At least 41 states, including Minnesota, are considering or have already passed measures this year to expand access to guns. Some would allow residents to carry handguns, either openly or concealed, without a government permit. Others would allow guns in places where they are currently banned, including schools, government buildings like post offices and libraries, and college campuses.

At the same time, gun control activists with fewer allies in political power are pushing to broaden background checks and ensure that weapons are removed from homes during domestic violence arrests.

With Republicans in control, gun rights advocates make their move

Marck likes this.
  1. Ganado
  2. 3M-TA3
  3. Yard Dart
  4. Motomom34
  5. Ganado
  6. DarkLight
  7. HK_User
  8. GrayGhost
  9. Yard Dart
  10. Tully Mars