Prayer Closet

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by Minuteman, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I am creating this thread as a place to consolidate all the prayer requests in one forum. If you have a need, a friend or relative who is sick, or any type of prayer request post it in here. Those of us who believe in the power of prayer will come here and check for new requests and offer our prayer support.

2. Minuteman

I'll start this off with a request for prayer for my Mother-in-Law. Mary Lou suffered a stroke a few days ago and is clinging to life. Brain surgery was performed but whether it did any good is unknown. She is still on life support and it is a day-by-day, wait and see if she will make it.

Zimmy likes this.
  3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'll make sure to include Mary Lou, you, and Mrs. MM in my daily prayers.

4. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

What a great thread idea, MM!

Prayers continually sent.[angel]

Murfylang likes this.
  5. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

will add you to our prayer circle...

6. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Your family as well as the entire Survival Monkey family have been added to my families prayers, MM! May God bless her with recovery.

7. Minuteman

Zimmy likes this.
  8. Joseph Thomas

Joseph Thomas Monkey+

On board for both Minuteman and any and all others. Take care everyone.

9. Disciple

Disciple Monkey+

Member in need of Prayer: I have hurt my Back once again and could barely even get down the stairs this morning. I had to sit down and scoot down the stairs then grab my walker to get to my chair.

Zimmy likes this.
  10. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Take care of that back Disciple. Healing thoughts and prayers coming your way

11. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Same here for Quigs and Disciple.

12. Minuteman

My MIL passed away peacefully in her sleep. She lasted 16 days once life support was removed and it gave the family a chance to see her and to make peace with it. My wife said she got to hold her Mothers hand and do her hair and makeup and just interact with her more in those 16 days than she had in the last 16 years. So it all worked out to God's plan and purpose.

I would like to submit a new request for a very special young man that has been a part of our lives for the last several years. We call him our son and he is as close to son as I could ask for. But I want to tell you a bit about him.
    My wife met him one day when she was going home to our house in the country. Up ahead she saw a boy pulling a lawnmower behind him down a country road that few cars traveled on. No houses were anywhere near and she had to stop and see what he was doing. He said he was on his way home and she asked from where and why. To make it short, he was walking back to his house down 3 miles of dirt country road, dragging an old push mower because he had walked down to a mans house that was 70 yrs old and had had been in the hospital. He had walked down there and mowed the mans yard. My wife asked if it was his relative and he didn't even know the man. He just knew he was elderly and had been ill so he thought he should go mow his yard for him.

That's how we met Brandon at age 14. He came from a very bad home life, two alcoholic parents, and he would go out of his way to help anybody, anytime, and not think twice about it. We started hiring him to work for us around the place. He would mow my yard and help my wife with grocery shopping and things while I was away at work. We tried to give him money, knowing how badly the family needed it, he was nearly their sole support. He adamantly refused to take a penny unless he did some kind of work for it. Needless to say we found all kinds of odd jobs for him to do. He was a bull in a china shop on my riding lawnmower. He only knew one speed, full throttle. I probably spent more money on repairs on the mower than what I paid him.

We went to his football games and to his High School graduation. He was being recruited by several branches of the services. He had a steady girl by then and young love and hormones was keeping him from taking advantage of his opportunities. He was going to go to welding school because he couldn't be away from his love. We managed to get him to see the light and told him if she really loved him she would wait for him and want the best for him. He joined the Navy reserves and he loves it and he was one of only two in his outfit to be chosen to go spend 3 months in Okinawa Japan on some kind of training exercise. He took his sign on bonus and bought a small house with a couple of acres. It was really a shack, but it was his and he fixed it up and made it really nice. He moved his non working alcoholic parents in with him so he could take care of them. He worked all the overtime he could to keep the lights on, the fridge stocked etc.

So needless to say this is one very special young man. Last week his Dad passed away and then yesterday his grandmother, who practically raised him passed away. That is a hard blow for a 20 year old man to take. He is really taking it hard and feeling alone in the world and lost. His mother had run off with another man and he doesn't know where she is. It breaks my heart that my wife and I are on the other side of the world. We are about the closet thing he has to a family now.

But for all who are prayer warriors please lift this young man up in prayer and ask for strength and comfort and guidance for him. My biggest fear is that this loss will steal some of the goodness and innocence that he has.
    He is one of the most giving and selfless young men I have ever known and the enemy hates that and will try to steal it from him. But building a wall of protection around him with prayer can deflect the attacks of the enemy.

CANDY fISHER likes this.
  13. RightHand

I believe that God sent you to him and in turn, to us. He will surely be remembered in my daily prayers.

14. CANDY fISHER

CANDY fISHER Monkey+

Minute man, he is not only in my prayers, but in my heart. These young people need out love and encouragement! If you think he may be blessed with letters, please let us know. also that we think he is very special. and you and your wife, you are very special, and God Blesses those who bless others. I want to pray for you also, and to thank you for helping one of Gods children!
    Thank you, and God bless you. and to Brandon, my children and I will be prauing for him :) Please accept my condolences for your mother in law, Im so glad your wife got to be close to her in the 16 days, I think that was a healing for your mom and her mother. God is so powerful, he heals in the worse of times. Blessings to you and yours (((hugs)))

15. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[angel]

16. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

All of my prayers are simply thanks for the many blessings given us. I do not believe in a divine reward/punishment system. I do not ask for anything in prayers for myself but I do ask the ability to recognize the blessings given for all those in need.Even a bad day of living beats the alternative; God bless.

KAS likes this.
  17. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Prayer Request for Disciples Wife

I would ask all our Religious Monkeys to remember Disciple's Wife in your Personal Prayers. He posted that she has had a Heart Attack, and he did not have time to put in this Prayer Request himself. I know he is a very religious Man and a good Friend, to many of us, Monkeys. So, If you could see your way clear, to show him, and his wife, some support, You WILL be blessed for it.... Thank You, so much....

18. CANDY fISHER

CANDY fISHER Monkey+

I will do so right now!!! thank you for letting us know!

19. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Prayers for Disciples wife.

20. Minuteman

Prayers offered now.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7