Pro-Gun Commercial That’s Sure to Make Gun Owners Smile! (2015)

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Asia-Off-Grid, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Pro-Gun Commercial That’s Sure to Make Gun Owners Smile! (2015)

2. Asia-Off-Grid

Wrong Restaurant - Gun Control Funny Video

BlueDuck, Ura-Ki and Bandit99 like this.
  3. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

I really dislike that ad as in real life there would have been no knock, just the door being kicked in and the girl would have been in deep doo doo

Ura-Ki and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

They run these commercials every Wednesday night on the Outdoors Channel.

Ura-Ki and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  5. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

.....whilst the ad is for dramatic effect many home invasion, in home assaults and kidnapping start with a knock on the door. It attracts FAR less attention from the rest of the world if they knock and the door is opened as opposed to the immediate kicking/knocking it down. If it is opened the world "sees" and "hears" relatively normal event. The sound of a battered door and breaking frame is quite distinctive (especially in the middle of the night). When a home owner DOES open the door it also means the assailant knows just where they are (opening the door) and not lurking in the dark with a weapon or locked in another room with the police on speed dial. My own experience of this (as the victim - or attempt as such) was exactly that, knocking on the door and asking to be let in. Why sure, of course I am going to do that for you mate.....

6. ochit

ochit Monkey+

7. ochit

ochit Monkey+

Door kicking is alright if it is a normal door mine is not, it's a steel door and steel frame bolted to the slab and to the top plate the frame is also framed in I beam long throw dead lock bolt and key lock entry knob and it opens out also have video and a door peep that does not transmit background light.
    The decorative panels make it look like a normal wood door, the hinges are stainless 4 inch with tack welded pins.
    Of course there is another problem my dogs, of course all that time to gain entry allows prep time for the occupants.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  8. Asia-Off-Grid

Hence the reason to always approach the door with a suitable weapon of choice - .38, .44, .50, shotgun (slugs), bazooka, LAW, Howitzer, M1A2 SEP, etc. :D :D

Ura-Ki likes this.
  9. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Invaders are welcome in my gun-free home, press one for English.

ochit, Ura-Ki, BTPost and 1 other person like this.
  10. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Why is it every one "ass-u-mes" the front door to be the only way in ?
    I know of situations criminals choose the back door and side windows, being the softer target .

Ura-Ki and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  11. Asia-Off-Grid

No doubt. People will put $10,000 USD worth of locks on their front door. Then, leave the passage lock as the only protection for the back door of the home. :rolleyes:

Ura-Ki likes this.
  12. ochit

ochit Monkey+

Security is a 360 consideration and safety is more important as the lives of those who live in it. A home should be a haven a refuge and place of contemplation in peace not a prison for yourself and goods. We live in a troubled world armed home invasions and break ins while people are at home, many people do not pay attention to being followed from banks or targeted by local thugs awareness entering your property watching the sides of your home and garage and scoping out your landscaping before you commit to turning in or opening your garage door because once you do you have exposed your family to any exterior threat and now they have you and access.

My back door and windows are even tougher to get in but if a person knows easy to get out of, fire is always a possibility best to plan for it and have enough smoke alarms and extinguishers to cover. There are other measures that can be included when building planning. No common home construction is entry proof most any battery chainsaw or ax can poke a hole in a few minutes so having a good motion sensor alarm hideaways for sensitive papers or valuables a safe is good for larger items, all your doing is making it more difficult and time consuming to make criminals paranoid and leave as soon as possible.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7