Prometheus Light

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Hanzo, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Beta QRv2 Classic – darksucks.com

Have a couple of these AAA flashlights. The beam color is fantastic and the beam is a nice smooth flood. Great light.

Prometheus made a quick release feature that I am not too in favor of. Fortunately, you can get it not quick release but I think you lose the ability to stand it on its tail.

First on was their original. Second, I got in copper to match my EDC pen. They both have a nice patina on them.

I think I would get the pen and the light in titanium if I were to do a redo. Both pen and light are heavy. And I almost lost the light. Had it on my keychain clipped to my belt loop with a carabiner. Got up from my chair in the airport lounge and came back a few minutes later to find it had popped off the quick release and was sitting on my chair by its lonesome.

Other interesting thing is the flashlight makes TSA jumpy. Had my bag searched once because they thought it was a weapon. So I took to putting it outside the back on a carabiner. Was stopped and asked, “What is that?”

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Nice…

Hanzo likes this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Going to order one of these, when the solid brass comes back in stock!

Hanzo likes this.
  4. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Just know, it will feel heavy in the pocket and on the keychain.

Dunerunner likes this.
  5. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

BTW, I chose copper because of its anti-bacterial properties.

Zimmy and Dunerunner like this.
  6. percival

percival Monkey

I'm trying to get one of these but it was supposed to be in stock a month ago already.
    countycomm.com/collections/view-all-light-products/products/lep-dx-reach-laser-flashlight-by-maratac
    It'd make a great gun light. Point and shoot.
    [​IMG]

You can find em on aliexpress too.

Hanzo likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7