Proud, Black Confederate Woman: ‘I Feel More Welcome in the South’

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OldDude49, Aug 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Interesting article IMHO...

seems this woman has a lot to say...

"In an interview for a documentary “Battle Flag,” Virginia resident Karen Cooper described why she joined the Virginia Flaggers, a group that defends the rebel flag against those who “worship ignorance, historical revisionism and political correctness.”

Cooper, who found the flagging group through her activism in the Tea Party, explained the Confederate flag symbolizes a movement away from big government.

“I actually think that it represents freedom,” she said in an interview for “Battle Flag,” a documentary project about the flag. “It represents a people who stood up to tyranny.”

The interview comes amid a national discussion about the flag’s meaning — and vocal calls to remove it from government buildings after a rebel flag-supporter shot and killed nine people in a historical black church.

Cooper, a New York native who later settled in Virginia, brushed off the flag’s history in slavery, explaining that oppression is not exclusive to the Confederate."

and she said this....

"She also made another extremely valid point. Cooper said she is for small government (as most Conservatives are because big government sucks). She said that we are still living as slaves today to the government, just under different circumstances.
    “I feel I’m a slave now because the federal government does control me. I can’t smoke what I want to smoke. I can’t drink what I want to drink. If I want to put something into my body, it’s my body, not theirs,” she continued, “That’s tyranny!”

Cooper added, “I know what people think about when they see the battle flag: the KKK, racism, bringing slavery back. So I knew it would be something for people to see a black woman with the battle flag. How can it be racist if I’m out there with them?”"

Proud, Black Confederate Woman: 'I Feel More Welcome in the South' - Eagle Rising

Tully Mars and Bandit99 like this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

"Bringing slavery back"!?
    Ha!
    It's already here. Equal opportunity slavery for everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7