1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Quad Rail AR Picatinny handguards

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by stg58, Oct 27, 2015.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

When they first came out I was not impressed with the Picatinny quad rail handguards partially because some guys at the range hung all kinds of junk on them like but not as bad as the lower pictures.
    But I switched a 16" AR over to a set odf Midwest Industries handguards a few weeks ago and I like them on a limited basis.

Midwest Industries: Tactical Handguards

Marck and CATO like this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey..... Moderator Site Supporter++

I would like to break that weap down and spread them parts across many of my tool's.... of course they would have to be pulled out of the drink first....damn fishing habit & a clumsy old fool. Anyways.... I like the quad rail, just don't like it enough to use it on a platform I have.
    TailorMadeHell and stg58 like this.
  3. Sand Spyder

Sand Spyder Monkey

That would make the weapon even heavier and quite clumsy in my humble opiniom. I'd rather have a fraction of that and make up the weight with spare magazines and perhaps a suppressor.
    Marck, kellory, stg58 and 1 other person like this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Ambulatory anachronism Administrator Founding Member

hehehehe. Interesting weapon, stg58. Gotta luv a joke --
  5. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

I have those on all mine too. Quite pleased with them.
    stg58 likes this.
  6. Sand Spyder

Sand Spyder Monkey

How did I miss the Swiss army knife?
  7. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

The winged hood ornament is nice touch but if you used one off a Mercedes it'd make a great CQB sight. [tongue]
  8. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

Been looking for a Bulldog Hood Thingy for AlaskaChick's RED Toyota 4X4 Pickup Truck.... Just the thing, every Beast needs on it's Hood....
    3M-TA3 likes this.
  9. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Look up Mack hood ornaments. Many to choose from both factory and aftermarket.
  10. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Sand Spyder and NotSoSneaky like this.
  11. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Man all that gear would make my Hawken tacticool right?
  12. Sand Spyder

Sand Spyder Monkey

I have a fieldline pack from Wal-mart Oldawg. Its coyote and covered in MOLLE webbing. Apparently its cooler than your Hawken would be loaded down with all that stuff. I had to quit using it in urban enviroments because I got stopped all the time by people wanting to talk to me about it. Just thibk what it would be like it I put a patch on it like the survivalists do! Lol.
    oldawg likes this.
  13. Grand58742

Grand58742 Monkey+++

Midwest Industries is top notch IMO. However I have gone away from all four sides to a MI Gen 2 SS type that I can put rails on wherever I need them.

If I was to go for broke, I'd probably go with a BCM Keymod type in the future. But I'm in no hurry to replace all my doodads at the same time.
    Yard Dart likes this.
  14. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I'm not a huge fan of quads, and instead prefer lighter, easier to handle hand guards like the Troy Alpha or Samson Evolution. I can always attach a rail section anywhere I want. That Midwest Industries unit looks pretty well made, though.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary