RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Press Master Kit-deal

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by stg58, May 3, 2013.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

Midway has the RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Press Master Kit in stock for $319 plus shipping.

Plus there is a RCBS rebate of either $50 or 500 bullets.
    The Speer bullets have a fairly high list price and given the short supply I would opt for the bullets.

Plus all of the RCBS equipment I have ever purchased is made in the USA.

RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Master Single Stage Press Kit

http://media.midwayusa.com/pdf/coupons/RCBS_Bucks_or_Bullets_Rebate_2013.pdf

------------------------------------------------100-------500
    Item # 22-cal. 0.224 55 TNT HP $ 23.95 $ 119.75
    1222 6mm 0.243 100 Grand Slam SP $ 65.90 $ 329.50
    1465 270-cal. 0.277 130 Grand Slam SP $ 73.90 $ 369.50
    1632 7mm 0.284 145 Grand Slam SP $ 71.90 $ 359.50
    2026 30-cal. 0.308 150 Grand Slam SP $ 71.90 $ 359.50
    3994 9mm 0.355 115 Gold Dot HP $ 53.90 $ 269.50
    4009 38-cal. 0.357 110 Gold Dot HPSB $ 51.90 $ 259.50
    4400 10mm 0.400 155 Gold Dot HP $ 69.90 $ 349.50
    4427 44-cal. 0.429 200 Gold Dot HP $ 75.90 $ 379.50
    4470 45-cal. Gold Dot HP $ 75.90 $ 379.50

BTPost likes this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

That is a very nice way to get into the ReLoading hobby. I am using the exact same equipment, that I bought 45 years ago, and it is still making ammon today. Money, well spent.... .....

Brokor likes this.
  3. stg58

Very true, my 20+ year old Rock Chucker runs like the day I bought it. I like my Dillion XL650 for larger runs but for smaller runs or specialized loads it is the Rock Chucker.

gunbunny likes this.
  4. I'm interested in getting into handloading and not long ago was doing a bit of research on what the best scale was (basically just reading every review I could find). That was semi-fruitless. No matter what scale I looked at, people bitched up a storm about it. Lots of people liked the models, but lots of peopled hated the same model and listed a series of flaws. I tend to weigh negative reviews more heavily than positive reviews, so that drove me batty because I couldn't find a single scale that people weren't slamming as a piece of junk.

I gave up the idea of a digital scale pretty quickly. While probably a bit quicker and more convenient (always appealing), I decided I want something that will be 'bulletproof' (i.e. can use it in the cabin in the woods without needing to worry about batteries, or even worrying the electronics just crapping out one day).

I decided the RCBS 1010 should be sufficient, despite the negative reviews. The gripes fell into two categories: (1) The new model is a made in China piece of junk that's supposedly a lot thinner and lighter than the old model, and (2) balancing problems, repeatability problems. I'm going to bu it and will just have to hope that I don't get a lemon.

I'm probably going to go with a Lee press, though. Still deciding.

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I love my RCBS Rock Chucker. You can't go wrong with Lee or RCBS.

I don't load for competition, and I don't fancy the idea of using an expensive Dillon 650 setup. I take my time, plug away at it and make rounds as needed. The RCBS presses are built to last. Lee makes some great turret presses, too.

6. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

I have a RCBS Scale that I bought 45 years ago. It is still serving me just fine. I find that for most of my general Purpose Loadings, Measuring to .25 Grains is sufficient for Loading Repeatability. My RCBS Scale can do that,with little problem. The RCBS Powder Measurer, does a very good Job, of making those charges, repeatable using the RCBS Scale for comparison. Years ago, I did check the accuracy the accuracy of the Scale with a MicroScale from the Cannery QA Lab, and found that it was accurate to within .1 Grains, repeatably. I just rechecked both the Measurer and the Scale, since they hadn't been checked for more than a decade. they both still hold .1 Grain accuracy. This was all done with IMR-4895 Powder in the Measurer, and Scale Pan. .... YMMV....

HK_User likes this.
  7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

It's definitely an art to use a manual weight scale properly and with accuracy. I will admit, I don't like them. My patience is only so great. I will use a battery digital scale any day, though. :)

I found the AWS-100 to be reliable and accurate.

8. stg58

A friend has the Lee Classic Cast Press he reports good results and it looks like a decent press and USA made.
    Lee is OK, but IMHO RCBS and Dillion are a step up from Lee.

90998-01.

9. stg58

Bottom line is that along as there are no primers or powder, the hardware does not matter...

10. The powder issue may not be getting better anytime soon courtesy of pending legislation attempting to regulate it which will no doubt cause another run on handloading supplies.

11. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey Site Supporter

Same here, still using a RCBS "KIT" from the 70s. I have a Dillion 450 and use it only for mass loadind events.

12. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

I bought the same kit as a poor college student that couldn't afford ammo around 2000, 2001. It still works great and is my go-to single stage press.

BTPost likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7