Re Factor ASO Bag

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by melbo, Feb 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

My wife thinks I'm nuts to have more 'bags' than she has purses but I really want this - maybe in Navy blue or some other 'gym bag' discreet color :)

Advanced Special Operations Bag ™

ASOBK1_NTOA__01733.1402072041.1280.1280.

The Advanced Special Operations (ASO) Bag ™ is specifically designed for the individual who needs the ability to travel with a tactical bag without the tactical look. The bags dimensions allow it the maximum space possible that is still compatible for carry on with most of the major US carriers. The bag's unique outer pocket features an RFID blocking material that is specifically sized to fit phones, passports and credit cards to help protect your identity while traveling. We outfitted the other end of the bag with an easy access "fight pocket" that is lined with MOLLE Velcro for adhesion of magazines and patches and a medical kit.

This kit opens using one hand and has tie stays to keep the pocket from flapping open when in use. The bottom of the bag is lined with a durable waterproof material to keep your belongings dry on wet range days and the main opening of the bag is made extra large to fit plate carriers and other equipment. With keeping your heavy gear in mind we added heavy duty, removable backpack straps as well as side carry straps that can both be stored when not in use. On the inside of the bag we made 7 large mesh pockets that allow easy separation of your equipment and a MOLLE Velcro lined inside wall for placement of magazines and nylon pouches. This bag is hand sewn in the USA of 1000D Cordura.

In addition, the ASO Bag has also been evaluated by the National Tactical Officers Association. It has been rated at an overall score of 4.5 out of 5 and has received the NTOA stamp of approval.

• 4.5 of 5 NTOA Rating
    • Quick-access “Fight Pocket”
    • RFID Blocking Pocket
    • Wide Opening Main Compartment
    • 7 Interior Mesh Pockets
    • MOLLE/Velcro Interior Panel
    • Removable Backpack Straps
    • Concealable Duffle Straps
    • 1000D Cordura Exterior and Waterproof Bottom
    • Sized for Carryon Travel - 25 x 15 x 10” (56L)
    • Made in the USA

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    VisuTrac, Hanzo, duane and 1 other person like this.
  2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Hey @melbo, after you get it, do a review. It looks big enough for 3-5 days travel too.

melbo likes this.
  3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

That's an excellent looking bag. Unfortunately, it comes with a price to match.

4. melbo

Indeed. Thus the purse comment ;)
    The other items I've purchased from Re Factor are outstanding. I'm using CAT-T buttstock holders and also CAT-T plate carrier holders.
    Buttstock Tourniquet Holder
    Tourniquet Holder

This would either replace my LaRue range bag or my Kifaru Duffel

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Sized for carryon is fine, so long as it fits the overhead bins. Presumably it does --

6. melbo

Yes. Sized for carry-on means no issue in overhead bins - usually a little easier than dealing with roller bags
    Source: semi-frequent business traveller.

ghrit likes this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just don't try Carrying it On, when it is stuffed with Range Bag stuff.... The TSA has no Sense of Humor about such things...

mysterymet and VisuTrac like this.
  8. AllTrades

AllTrades Monkey

Cool bag, but if you're gonna buy it for the range, don't use it for travel, and if you buy it for travel, don't use it for the range. A lot of stuff used on the range will show up on TSA 'swab' tests.

Motomom34 likes this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Not to mention explosive trained hounds.

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I can attest to that, Ghrit... My family bought me a Samsonite Breifcase decades ago, when I was still an active PowderMan, and I used it while traveling to Work Sites... It became. Contaminated with Energetic Materials Residue, over a few years... Then they started using Chemical Snifers at Airports, and that case, ALWAYS set off the Snifers.. Always.... A real Pain in my travel plans... I usually just had to show my State Licenses, and that solved the issue, for that time.... But it happened every time I went thru Security... Fortunately I usually traveled the same routes in Alaska, and after a few times they got to know Me, and would just wave me thru... Then TSA took over, and it happened over and over again.. PITA.. Finally the Stink wore off the Briefcase, and now it doesn't set off the Snifers any more, but all the Comm Gear and Wires, cause the X-Ray to go nuts, and it gets hand inspected, at every Airport... Oh well....

11. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

My youngest used his GI ruck to come home several times, unfortunately he also set on the TSA sniffers and swabbers and had to produce his military ID to get through the goat rope...

1. Alanaana
    Media

Hi_I'm_Carl

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jan 17, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Gloves!

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 7, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Motomom34
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Ganado
  6. Coyote Ridge
  7. Coyote Ridge
  8. Coyote Ridge
  9. hot diggity
  10. OldDude49
  11. DKR
  12. RouteClearance
  13. Motomom34
  14. Yard Dart