reality double tap.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Tango3, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Well I took all my beginners guitar crap to the local guitar buy sell trade emporium,today with a set price in mind 60% of what I had in retail. To give the local guy a shot at my gear; of course he wasn't in the ball park.and really only wanted my best newest guita/amp not the $350 in books and tutorials, thanked him(Hello, reality knocking!!! I won't be buying $400 worth of handgun anytime soon. while checking out E bayI got a chance to grab an 18" sp barrel for my 870 for 98$ incl shipping...pistolgrip/mag extender and a REALLY BIG HOLSTER and I'm in the mzb extermination business. ...[touchdown][touchdown]

2. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I used to play, even went to Music Tech in Minneapolis for 2 years. I WISH I could have gotten anywhere near 60% when I sold my stuff.

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

I thought I was being fair, I found I was just plain monkey nuts...[loco][loco][ROFL]

4. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sell the stuff direct to someone that wants it, like maybe by posting a note on a bulliten board at some collage or hang outs of the upper teens and 20 something crowd. If they can get it for 40% or better off of normal market (especialy assumeing you bought the stuff used or it is old enpouph to be 'retro' or something) then they would probably be thrilled and if mom and dad are still providing the needs then they are still in the group of folks with the most $$$ to spend on the wants as well as the most likely to be looking at learning.

Just a thought.

5. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

thats a great idea... :) And before anybody attrbutes me with talent I don'tplay, knowa ew cords thats about it.. quit af...badly broken left index finger about 6month in to lerarning ;pretty much gave upafterwards.

6. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Keep one guitar Tango....... I miss having one.

7. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

I can top that

I own an Alembic 5 string bass; original cost $8905.00. An alembic F1-X Pre 750.00, a Carvin Amp, and two Agular GS112's. Sweetest sound on the planet. Been wanting to sell, but nobody here knows what it is, much less afford it. It would finance the move out to the hills, it sure won't save me here. Hey, why don't we get together and make patriot songs? [Blues, Rock, Country] They are a hot item right now. I'm even a member of the Alembic Club, and having a hard time. If they come for me, I'll turn it up and hit the low B. 1000 Watts. Sure would help buying that 6.5 Grendel upper for my Bushy M4A3. Sigh.

8. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I work in music retail, and the mark up is 40-50% and the typical local music shop level. Now the Guitar Centers and what not has a shorter margin on some stuff, but make up for it in volume.

As far as a music store buying used gear, they can't buy your used gear for more than they can by brand new stuff. You might get 50% value on a trade... But that is why it works that way. Selling to an individual is the only way you are going to recover any money to speak of.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7