Recycling Folgers Canisters

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by Ganado, Apr 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I use these that I get from my neighbor to ferment stuff (you can put a quart jar in them) in because it keeps it dark and I found this on the folgers site
    [​IMG]

Folgers has Christmas and other holiday designs you can print and put on the canister and use the canister for gifts and a whole host of other stuff

http://www.folgerscoffee.com/apps-tab/can-decorator

Cheap gift wrapping

Aeason, chelloveck, arleigh and 3 others like this.
  2. zombierspndr

zombierspndr Monkey

I like them to store brass, or as shakers to dust the yard with sulfur.

Aeason, Ganado and Witch Doctor 01 like this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

They make good painting buckets. Solvents can soak parts clean in them, and the small cans I use for hunting gear and canisters for coffee, creamer, sugar for the hunting cabin.

Aeason likes this.
  4. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

It's made of hdpe that means melt turn into a board and turn board into a slingshot.

Aeason and Ganado like this.
  5. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I store nails, wood and machine screws in them. Although, I prefer clear containers so I can see what is in them and I'm not a Folger's fan. Folgers is ground and we enjoy grinding our own.

As soon as plums come in; I'll use a 5 gallon water jug to make plum wine. :D:D

6. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I have some full of brass. My only problem with them is that they won't nest when empty. Makes storage of empty ones take up lots of space.

Motomom34 likes this.
  7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

They are good for dismantling projects I debate as to whether it's worth fixing . all parts and screws are stored in the can and labeled ,some times they have spare parts I can use on other more important projects like switches an relays .
    Some things like CPU's and bread boards are unique to the same products so it's important to keep together in one package in the mean time.
    Until you have an organizer for batteries it's a good place to store them too.
    On a small boat they would make a good bailing bucket and storage for important things too.
    I suppose you could even store ammo in them ,and then, water proof it, taping it around the lid.
    Use card board to insulate between layers ,and take up shock if any.
    Certainly has to be better then the plastic or paper boxes the ammo comes in.
    How many rounds of .22 long rifle do you think will fit in that coffee container.
    If I were to guess I'd say about 1500.

8. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

I like saving and using nestle coffee mate containers with the screw on top better to keep things in and to seal

Ganado likes this.
  1. Benjamin A. Wood
  2. hot diggity
  3. Seacowboys
  4. Bishop
  5. DKR
  6. Witch Doctor 01
  7. chelloveck
  8. Motomom34
  9. Motomom34
  10. Seacowboys
  11. chelloveck