Ridgecrest California just had a 6.4 (and a 7.1) EARTHQUAKE

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by arleigh, Jul 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I felt it over 168 miles away. 10;33 AM thursday July 4 2019
    It was a gentle roller here, but no news yet as to damages .

DuxDawg, Brokor, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

my earthquake app said to expect large aftershocks. Canada this morning had a 6.2 offshore. Stay safe @arleigh

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

DuxDawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Oh great.
    That means a bunch of leftist refugees flooding east, along with the other ones who are headed north.

5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

That's exactly what I was thinking .:(

6. DKR

DKR Interesting ideas, interesting stories

When I was stationed at Nellis AFB (Las Vegas) our personal plan for a Big One on SoCal was to

Fill all gas cans
    rent a UHAul
    Haul ass up into Utah.

I figured we might have as much as 4 hours before the 1st wave from the coast hit.

!st wave of welfare refugees that is....

7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

But how are da gonna get dem checks?

8. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++ Site Supporter++

The Disaster Prediction App’s alert map from yesterday, July 3rd. Based solely on what’s happening on the sun. Notice California.

6530C88B-AC1E-4F53-837F-1F17DDF5339A.

Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Some of my family was heading North out of L.A. in this area via road travel, at the time of the earthquake.
    I called to check on them and they had heard there was an earthquake, but since they were in the car, they never felt it.

Years ago when the Nisqually quake hit here in the NW, I was on the road as well.
    I thought I had a flat tire since the truck started to sway left and right suddenly........
    2001 Nisqually earthquake - Wikipedia

3M-TA3, Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

When I lived in Japan we ate mid sixes for breakfast and farted aftershocks.

I see exactly nothing has changed there, as unprepared as ever. Major damage to residential, quite a few appear to be newer than 20 years.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Another big eq. Reading 7.1 to 6.9 California is shaking. The sites are saying zero depth

12. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Major earthquake and FNC has a rerrun of tucker carlson talking to trump.They just changed over to a MAJOR event hopefully don will blame barry.

Gator 45/70 and Motomom34 like this.
  13. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++ Site Supporter++

First thing the Trump hating, Federal Government defying Governor of California did was call and ask Trump for money to clean up the mess. Seems like if they they have enough money to support all the illegals they invite in they could get that uneducated unemployed mob to clean it up.

DuxDawg, Gator 45/70, Borrego and 2 others like this.
  14. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey Site Supporter++

Hope the SoCal hoard that flees will come to Portland since it will drive up the value of my home enough that I can pay cash for a home elsewhere. Looked at some very nice property this last week and confirmed that Mrs 3M is now in good enough health to handle the higher altitudes.

15. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I have missed you @stg58 . Sadly you make a very good point. Sad because the news is just all politics meanwhile in SoCal homes have been burned and peoples lives are being threatened. It makes me so angry that people have lost their compassion for their fellow Americans. Natural disasters happen and if it is a huge one, we all will feel the effects. I think the only thing people 100% care about now is animals so people should remember that dogs, cats and other critters are being jostled and scared. So while some of you may be hoping and wanting the destruction of lives of your fellow Americans in California, remember Rover & Mr Whiskers lives are in danger.

** scientists are saying there is an 11% chance of another big one happening.

Ganado, DuxDawg, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  16. DKR

DKR Interesting ideas, interesting stories

Had a 7.1 in my backyard.

Still here.

It’s the being ready that counts...to quote the Bard

Gator 45/70, 3M-TA3 and mysterymet like this.
  17. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of quakes in CA for the last few days, I'm talking hundreds of them and it's only picking up pace.
    Latest Earthquakes

18. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I think some serious crap is going to go down. Southern CA monkeys might want to take their summer vacations now and out of the area. Be careful guys!

There’s plenty of room for you in the midwest!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2019
    Gator 45/70, Brokor and oldman11 like this.
  19. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Screenshot from 2019-07-06 20:51:06.
    Just the past hour alone roughly...
    This is far from over.

Gator 45/70 and mysterymet like this.
  1. 3M-TA3
  2. BTPost
  3. Yard Dart