Gear Review Ruger BX25X25 10/22 22lr 50rd Pair

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by stg58, Jun 28, 2013.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

CDNN had these for $49 with free shipping over $99 so I bought 2 sets.
    Product Description:
    Brand New : Genuine Factory Ruger 10/22 22lr 50rd Pair Black Mag Stainless Steel Feed Lips, Stainless Steel Constant Force Spring, Anti-Tilt Follower Easily Disassembled for Cleaning

I have some of the original all plastic 25 and 30 round mags which have always worked well but the lips will eventually wear out.

The Ruger mags take it to a new level with heaver plastic with stainless feed lips and you can take them apart with a 5/32" hex tool, all major advantages over the original versions.

I see that some others make steel lips and they are probably good but these mags are my new standard for my 10-22's
    Took them out to the range today and the fed clad and unclad bullets flawlessly.

Downside I bought the BX25X25 10/22 22lr 50rd Pair thinking that they could be separated for single 25 round mags but they can't be separated you are stuck with a long heavier 25 round mag if you only load 25 rounds.

I guess Ruger will get a few more of my $$$ for a few singles:)

The 50 rd pair.

cdnn_2267_226961516

The single version

cdnn_2270_71415556

2. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

Update:

Picked up 4 of the single 25 round mags from CDNN when they had them on sale for $23.99 and no surprise they function flawlessly.
    The irony of these mags is that Ruger copied an after-market design when they always warned not to use after-market mags/parts and now they taken the design and made it better.

3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey Site Supporter

Yes, I still have a number of the "Ones that wouldn't work" per Ruger. Many thousands through those Red Lips with no problems.

I did pick up 3 of the RUGER's just before the big crash.

But best to use a 10 round if you want to swap round types.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7