1. The Topic of the Month for April 2017 is "Store what you use, use what you store." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

Gear Review Ruger BX25X25 10/22 22lr 50rd Pair

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by stg58, Jun 28, 2013.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

CDNN had these for $49 with free shipping over $99 so I bought 2 sets.
    Product Description:
    Brand New : Genuine Factory Ruger 10/22 22lr 50rd Pair Black Mag Stainless Steel Feed Lips, Stainless Steel Constant Force Spring, Anti-Tilt Follower Easily Disassembled for Cleaning

I have some of the original all plastic 25 and 30 round mags which have always worked well but the lips will eventually wear out.

The Ruger mags take it to a new level with heaver plastic with stainless feed lips and you can take them apart with a 5/32" hex tool, all major advantages over the original versions.

I see that some others make steel lips and they are probably good but these mags are my new standard for my 10-22's
    Took them out to the range today and the fed clad and unclad bullets flawlessly.

Downside I bought the BX25X25 10/22 22lr 50rd Pair thinking that they could be separated for single 25 round mags but they can't be separated you are stuck with a long heavier 25 round mag if you only load 25 rounds.

I guess Ruger will get a few more of my $$$ for a few singles:)

The 50 rd pair.

cdnn_2267_226961516

The single version

cdnn_2270_71415556

2. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Update:

Picked up 4 of the single 25 round mags from CDNN when they had them on sale for $23.99 and no surprise they function flawlessly.
    The irony of these mags is that Ruger copied an after-market design when they always warned not to use after-market mags/parts and now they taken the design and made it better.

3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey Site Supporter

Yes, I still have a number of the "Ones that wouldn't work" per Ruger. Many thousands through those Red Lips with no problems.

I did pick up 3 of the RUGER's just before the big crash.

But best to use a 10 round if you want to swap round types.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7