Ruger Security six trigger return spring.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Marvin L. Steinhagen, May 19, 2018.

1. In the mid 1970's I bought myself a stainless 4in Ruger Security six. Being an adventurous 23, I took one coil off the trigger return spring. Well after several thousand rounds, last weekend that spring gave up the ghost. (Ruger offered this platform as the Security Six, the Service six, and the Speed six). Numrich lists them but says sold out. Does Wollf offer them in stainless?

tacmotusn likes this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Check with Brownells.

VisuTrac and Tully Mars like this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

4. I tried a couple of sites. Finally went directly to Wollf's. They HAVE the springs on the shelf. Ordered them at 22:00 (Zulu) the 19th. Will post when I get them. I've always heard how good Wollf's is.

GOG, tacmotusn and techsar like this.
  5. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Not sure on stainless, but Wolff springs made a huge difference on both of my wife's SP101 revolvers. Ordered direct and IIRC took less than a week to receive them.

Gator 45/70 and tacmotusn like this.
  6. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

One of those 4" security six's resides in my safe. Bought it in 1977. It's still going. The double action trigger on them wasn't the best, but I've never bobbed the return spring.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. ochit

ochit Monkey+

I know that Brownels has spring stock and of course there is Jack First 605 343 9544 and probably there are spring kits from a few sources and brownells would have those if they are available.

8. I really like my Security Six (stainless) I just wish it had the same grip mount that the GP 100 has.(more flexibility). Other wise it does everything a general purpose revolver needs to do and should do. It's not too heavy for every day carry and it's WAY more accurate than I am. After all the shooting I've done with it is still tight. It's been my nearly constant companion since I bought it and with it on the sick list I feel somewhat at a loss.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

10. Well my springs came by way of USPS today. Total cost for three springs was $13.99 shipping included. I ordered three just in case. Took about an hour to replace it. Don't feel so lost now. Wolff's kept me informed about my order, good customer relations.

11. D2wing

D2wing Monkey+

I had forgotten but I put Wolff springs in mine when it was new.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7