Sergeant Schultz

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by sec_monkey, Sep 6, 2018.

1. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

@Ura-Ki

Sergeant Schultz :)

makes ya :) n [LMAO] even on a :( :cry: day

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

YUP, YUP! An all time classic!

Gator 45/70, HK_User and sec_monkey like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Really sad about Bob Crane, really a rare talent! Bludgeoned to death still unsolved!

4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]

5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Just look at Sgt Schultz's facial expressions, how could any one NOT laugh at that?!?!?!

I think my all time favorite is when he is impersonating a General and shouting orders to every one, CLASSIC! One of those rare moments that causes uncontrolled beverage expulsion!

6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Another one, the Iron Colonel!

7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

8. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

[winkthumb] :)

9. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

It's the eyes. John Banner sold the part.

10. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

John Banner was a great actor, great person, WWII (US) vet. Always loved him in anything he did.

John Banner - Wikipedia

11. duane

duane Monkey+++

Hogan had US and allies backing him, Klink had Nazi's backing him, Schultz was totally on his own and only was the only one with enough sense to know that this will pass and his only goal was to survive another round of mass insanity. Banner and those that wrote his part created the ultimate survivor and outsider who made the most profound statements on life as it really is rather than that seen the eyes of the systems participants.

12. Tevin

Tevin Monkey+++

I am a h-u-g-e fan of the show! I watch it on Me-TV every night.

The success of HH was that the Germans were portrayed as idiots. Even the guard dogs were dumb asses! The only German character who was not a total dipstick was General Burkhalter. He had some sense but always seemed to be derailed.

That Klink had no escapes despite being an incompetent dope was a running gag on the show.

I tell non-fans that HH is like the Three Stooges, except with Nazis.

13. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Kempler refused the role unless the Commandant was a bumbling fool....

14. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Werner Klemperer (Col. Klink) refused to do the part unless the Nazis were portrayed as fools. His family escaped Hitler's Germany when he was a kid. He had no love for the Nazis.

15. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I think it says something when a actor can take a dismal part of history and make light of it through comic genius! Schultz is the ultimate work of art! We have had War movies for ever, but to take the villain out of it and make him human first, and likable second, is simply amazing! John Bannor was one of the greats, in fact, many on that show were greats who some how have been passed over by history!
    I still enjoy watching Hogans Heros when ever I get a chance!
    Between that show and M.A.SH. we have some of the best comedy ever produced for T.V. and certainly better then todays crap!

16. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

A young John Banner in a recruiting poster from WW2. It barely looks like the jolly man we remember from a few decades later. His family were Austrian Jews. He was in Switzerland when Hitler annexed Austria, then fled to the US to become a citizen and served in the Air Force.
    [​IMG]

17. Tevin

Tevin Monkey+++

Klink, Schultz, LeBeau, Hoffsteadder, and I think Burkhalter were all Jews who fled the Nazis. They all insisted that the Germans be portrayed as morons as a condition of doing the show

18. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It was probably an easy condition to fulfill...and in so doing, made Hogan's Heroes enormously enjoyable, even though Laager Life was, on the whole not a particularly enjoyable experience.

The Germans in 'Allo 'Allo, suffered the same treatment...and deservedly so. But that's what makes both shows funny...if the Germans were portrayed as ruthless and efficient...it would have been less funny.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    Mountainman and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7