Shoot like John Wick????

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by OldDude49, Oct 16, 2018.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Excellent training vid... one of the best I've seen.

Witch Doctor 01 and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

@OldDude49, thanks for that post. :5s:

I agree.

The two things to take away from the excellent training video are:
    1) Repetition - For every 100 rounds of live fire practice, you should have at least as many dry fire practicing your draw. Muscle memory.
    2) Indexing - Having your index finger to the bullet of the leading round in your magazine.

4. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Geez, I hate watching videos like this, gives me an inferiority complex watching these guys shoot. LOL! But, I suppose if I had the money and fame then I could train with these fantastic instructors and shoot like a John Wick... Think I will watch those movies tonight...

5. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

reload consistency is my bugaboo, good tips here

6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I may not be at that level but I appreciate having air/C02 guns to practice with . they may not provide the recoil of a fire arm, but the trigger time is worth while .
    Fact remains on triggers, in an event your not going to care if the pull is 3 or 5 or 7 or 9 lbs, those weights are applicable in target training, not a fire fight. IMO
    Secondly I think it more practical to shoot one handed and preferably ambidextrous . NO one in their right mind stands full face in a fire fight , unless there is no other choice .
    Thirdly, bad guys are not paper targets, they shoot back and move , what is your target doing ?
    One of the things my sheriff captain stressed is, if your pulling the gun "your shooting" not showing off or negotiating .
    Pull the gun aim shoot = "one act ". aiming should be as natural as pointing your finger , not lining up sights . the bullet is an extension of you .
    Put a 4' or longer - 1/4" or better, wooden dowel down the barrel and practice pointing it is different things and different distances and do it so your "not" drawing it up to your eye level using the sights. maintain it's direction and move you hand around maintaining the point . muscle memory comes from play.
    Life does not all ways allow one the opportunity to get into position ,and I assure you, opposition is not going to wait either.

7. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Only 7?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7