Shop repairs

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by TnAndy, Jul 6, 2020.

1. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Built my shop (or rebuilt it...added to the original one of 1983) about 25 years ago. Had gutter on the lower long side (mistake) and water backed up in it over the years, ran behind it and rotted part of the sheathing behind the wood siding. So off it all came. Easiest way to remove horizontal siding is with forks on a tractor, as it turns out..... :D
    [​IMG]

Mice had managed to get in, thru cracks in the diagonal 1x sheathing from the bottom I suspect, and destroy the insulation in the walls ! SO re-insulated, and this time when back with plywood for sheathing so there is no way for them to get in the wall cavities short of chewing a hole in the plywood.

[​IMG]

Re-sided part with a poplar lap siding, the far end I used 3' wide roof metal vertical because I have a future solar project in mind for that end. Then spray painted the whole thing red. Quite a change in view from the blue/gray it's been for 25 years.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

View from early 2000's:

[​IMG]

chelloveck, Yard Dart, duane and 12 others like this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I have to imagine you and T5R teamed up. A real pair of "doers."

Gator 45/70, SB21, HK_User and 2 others like this.
  3. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Nice work Andy. Gotta love a set of forks on the tractor.

TnAndy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. TnAndy

Yep.....way more handy than a bucket.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

lots of the bigger farm ops around here have an industrial forklift around the place - dock level for truck unloading - everything comes in on a pallet, bin and tote tank ....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. TnAndy

Yeah, I put everything I can on a pallet of some kind. Tractor will handle around 1200lbs or so of weight on the forks, so I can move most anything I have to move.
    EVERY tractor needs a front end loader.

Need a shed moved ? Fork it !
    Little feed shed for my pigs. Little 6x8 shed that holds four 55gal drums for feed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Hog house with hinged roof so I can climb in easy and clean out between tenants :D
    [​IMG]

Move and stack logs at the mill:
    [​IMG]

Move baskets of firewood:
    [​IMG]

Move 55 gal drums of fuel/etc. Special pallets I built to hold drums. (And this is proof gasoline can be stored at least 6 years with PRI. The red drum was opened April 2019)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Move THE LAST round bale feeder you'll ever need (after the cows destroy enough of those stupid metal ring feeders) around to different places in the fields, and insert round bales into the feeder:
    [​IMG]

Move anything on a pallet....and a WHOLE lot of stuff can go on pallets.....Ordered from JC Refuge some years back.
    [​IMG]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7