Shotguns Available

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by jim2, Jan 2, 2021.

1. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

Just saw some 12 Ga Winchester and Brownings available at the San Marcos, Texas Academy. Prices are 329.99 and 449.99 respectively. If you know someone that has nothing at all, this would be far better than nothing. Limited Heavy-Shot ammo is available also.

Jim

Meat, Gator 45/70, SB21 and 1 other person like this.
  2. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Walmart has shotguns in stock now with some 12 ga ammo also. Even some 410 buck in stock.
    [flag]

Meat, Gator 45/70 and techsar like this.
  3. crowdaddy

crowdaddy Monkey++

Our Walmart has completely stopped selling firearms, for good. Took the counter and cases out and everything. They say they will continue to sell ammo, but hardly have anything. Just a few boxes of 71/2 or 8 shot in 12 ga.. Slim pickings all around.

Gator 45/70 and VisuTrac like this.
  4. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Same up here , slim pickings , 20 Gauge in Buck is hard to find but in private stores

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

This ammo shortage is unreal as if it might just be a gov plot to do away with guns before the election. Think about it ,have you ever seen anything sell out like ammo and not be replaced. Our country is splint into two”the right and the left” what would be a better way to get the upper hand than creat a ammo shortage. The 2a would not let them get rid of guns so they just creat a ammo shortage,thank about it. In a true ammo shortage ,ammo manufacturing would have just put on another shift or work overtime to have more to sell or they would bring in more from other countries.Ammo is the new drug epidemic,and we are having ammo withdrawal symptoms. “AAA”=Ammo,Ammo,Ammo anonymous. Hi,my name is John and I am a ammo addict.
    [flag]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

You can get 12ga buckshot for at least $2 a shot for the cheap stuff

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Isnt the Remington factory still shut down and due to start this month?

8. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

Winchester came out with their PDX shells in 20g years ago >>> never was available on the retail shelves - one of the reasons why you don't purposely go 20g defense as a prepper - $$$$$$$$ and availability of anything much better than a #4 birdshot ....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. plumberroy

plumberroy Monkey+

1 Federal released a video with the CEO telling us they are running 24/7 I am hearing through the online forums that if you work for a gun manufacturer or ammo manufacturers you can work as much OT as you can handle
    2. Around here the only shotguns I am seeing in stock or the turkish brands

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Tons of 20ga around here of all kinds even slugs

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

prepeers stockpile ammo in depth - >>> this is a prepper site- right??? >>> normal times #3Buck 20g is at 200% higher than 00Buck 12g - What prepper wastes his $$$$$ on wasted moves and purposely goes in the oddball queer direction?

Why not promote 28g while you're being obtuse?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Just because you don’t like 20 ga doesn’t make it a bad choice for everyone else. I think you are the one being obtuse. You don’t know anything about anyone on here and you think you alone have the intelligence to say what kind of shotgun everyone should own? I like 20 ga. People might have size or medical issues that make it a better choice for them. Before I sold all my weapons years ago I had 20 ga and plenty of ammo for it. What is the problem with that? That just makes more 12 ga ammo for you to scoop up.

Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Everyone should own a 28ga, or a shotgun with a 28ga barrel because it's the last shotgun ammo to sell out.
    It's strictly a smallgame getter since I have never seen buckshot or slugs for it.
    But I could easily load up some lead number 2 birdshot, BB, T, or maybe even number 4 buckshot.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I always liked the 16 guage
    That's what grandpa had ,A browning sweet 16
    16 gauge is as rare as hen's teeth even in a good year

Cruisin Sloth and VisuTrac like this.
  15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

My 12ga buckshot auction is heading towards $4 a shot.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. plumberroy

plumberroy Monkey+

I have loaded .490 round balls in a shotcup with some success. I had a coyote try to sneak up on beagle once . I managed to do him in with shot, but I wanted something with a little more umph

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Then there's 32 ga. Special order only, get your orders in.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

32ga is super rare and pretty much obsolete.
    I try to buy stuff that has some availability availability.
    Another good one would be 7mm rem mag, it's the last metallic cased cartridge walmart has. Some 7mm rem mag will show up, hang around for a week or 2 and be gone for a few weeks before it reappears.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Tuesday, there were two boxes of 20 Gauge, and the rest of the shelves were empty. Literally, everything gone. I don't know if the store removed the remaining tidbits from the shelves or if it sold, but it was a shock to see absolutely nothing available.

If you have ammunition, it is like having cigarettes in prison. You're rich

Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

My Walmart has only a few 12 ga 2 3/4 and 3” in no.4,5 and 6 shot. If having ammo makes you rich,well I’m not broke just bent a little. I have quit shooting anything but .22 and very little of that. Not quite on the subject,but I had 12 deer in my yard last nite so if it came down to it I could always use my .22 and kill one to eat. Back in the day that was what I used when spot lighting,but that’s a different story.
    [flag]

techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7