Shutdown the farms

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by oil pan 4, Jul 2, 2020.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Back yard chickens are dangerous and will make you sick.
    The excuse " _______ might make you sick" is being used to curtail your rights.

2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Greenhouses are the future, the trick is dealing with hailstones.
    There is a material I am familiar with it is a shrink wrap, not like you find in the grocery or hardware store but what is used in stadiums to protect the seats when the roof collapses. this same material is used wrapping boats for shipping or for the winter, 9mill thick and thicker when shrunk. It comes in several colors including white, and clear, blue, brown, and green.
    This stuff it so tough and sun resistant it is significantly stronger than any other tarp material in existence.
    I have some I use that is 20 years old I salvaged from boats being prepped for the spring, the material is cut off and recycled normally.
    The really great thing about this material is that you can weld it together permanently it welds to its self, using the heat you would use to shrink it. Shrinking it is not necessary unless you do not intend to use it for anything else in the future.
    To do the fitting for winter storage the knives we used are box cutters that dull out in short order this material is so tough.
    I am pretty sure this material would stand up pretty well under hail storm conditions.
    Though we don't get hail storms here I plan on getting more of this shrink wrap as soon as I can afford it. (limited income retired)
    I use this material for more than covering boats but gardening is the issue here,

Gafarmboy, GOG and techsar like this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

We had a nice little hail storm here. Lots of dime and quarter size hail, it beat up my apple trees pretty good.
    The only ones that did ok were the ones that were lucky enough to have the hail blocked by other trees.

4. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Bill Gate's Covid tests are all false positives. This is essential to raise panic and control the world. Shutting down our food supplies creates a panic in people at a gut level that is hard to suppress. This is what the globalists want. It allows them to get the fear levels high and control and manipulate everyone. It is pretty easy to recognize when you know what their goals are. Next? UN troops coming to save us just so long as we surrender our freedom and guns.

3cyl, GOG and mysterymet like this.
  5. TinyDreams

TinyDreams Monkey++

We are being led to a world where the gov controls everything. Controls your job. Your pay. Your bank. And most importantly your food and water. I know there are already food shortages this year in some countries (Italy for one) if this continues we will possibly enter a worldwide food shortage.

GOG, SB21, mysterymet and 1 other person like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Here it is. Coming soon to a shore near you.
    "Eating meat causes pandemics"

There's a few problems with that bullshit narrative.
    This pandemic was caused by idiots collecting and playing with bat viruses.
    Maybe it would be more effective to ban that shit.

enloopious likes this.
  7. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Gather all the farms under a corporation and starve the population into submission. FDR played that game in the 30's.

3cyl, enloopious, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Yup "______ will make you sick" is new dooms day global warming.

enloopious and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

What if we guard the farms and blockade the cities?

It would make "Escape from New York" look like a fairy tale in comparison.

The survivors might find themselves willing to renegotiate a few things.

3cyl, enloopious, Dont and 1 other person like this.
  10. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Joe (Stalin, the dead Commie dude) did much the same thing with both collectivization (Russian: Коллективизация)(1928 to 1940) and the "Holodomor" in the Ukraine.

Worked so well, Mao (the love of the Left in the US) ZeeDong created the Great Chinese Famine.

Corporate farms - as much as people bash them - have the profit motive to produce.. At least for now. And, oddly, they can be innovative in the methods. Many Corporate farms are actually large family farms gathered as a Corp for tax reasons and the ability to generate the capital needed for all that expensive machinery.
    See Most Farmers in the Great Plains Don’t Grow Fruits and Vegetables. The Pandemic is Changing That. | Civil Eats (chaos cover cropping)

https://www.ers.usda.gov/webdocs/publications/90985/eib-203.pdf?v=6080 snapshot of farms 'today'

and 'Corporate farms' have gone indoors in many places - Gotham Greens
    see also AeroFarms is on a mission to transform agriculture

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Mao and solar cycle 19 created the great Chinese famine.
    The famine was going to happen just because of the crazy effects solar cycle 19 had on the weather. Then the commie stupidity known as the great leap forward only amplified the famine.

The plan was always to dispose of a few million useful idiots who had outlived their usefulness, but the plan worked better than expected.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I keep scratching my head over this post. Farming is changing... going more local so the supply chain isn't so long. Many urban areas have converted watehouses into indoor growing areas.

I really dont understand the concept of all or nothing. Or when things are changing then, like chicken little, someone with a myopic view says the sky is falling, or rather, in this case, no more food!

I admit there are changes in food supply chain, and yes while we switch over there could be some shortages. But why in heck us it always fo or die?

Gator 45/70 and GOG like this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Remember the clean label thing and push for grass fed cattle a few years ago. There was a big push for clean label foods and it just went away replaced with imitation meat.
    Democrats are pretty much communists now and commies always take away guns, control farming and the food supply.
    If the farms go local and mostly all natural you can't control that.
    The democrats don't want large numbers of independent self sufficient people.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
    STANGF150, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

One of the cooks at work had mentioned that they are having a difficult time getting beef.Would be easier if they could go down to the sale barns and buy some on the hoof n process it ..

STANGF150, GOG and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. DKR

16. DKR

17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Shut down the farms is just one of those crazy conspiracy theories.
    It always starts small. Denmark to end all mink farming.
    Mink holocaust: kill all 15 million mink, because mink might mutate the china virus so that a potential vaccine may become ineffective. Just don't think about it, kill'em all and ask questions later.
    Nothings been proven. It's all just speculation. This is what bdn would call "listening to the scientists".

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7