Sick of this rain

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by TnAndy, May 29, 2018.

1. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Rained every single day for the last 2 weeks, and quite a bit before that. Forecast the same for the next 5 days. Everything around here is a swamp, garden half washed away, strawberries rotting....sick of it.

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Sukz! Stay safe!

sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. BenP

BenP Monkey++

You and I must be in the same area. I've been waiting to mow hay since I can remember. I still have tons of bush hogging to keep me busy but some days it's even too we to do that. I've been working on the inside of the house as a last resort doing honey-dos, laying tile, putting up trim, etc.

sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Send some up here! We could really use another inch.

5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

And we in s.la. have only had 1 day of rain in two weeks...go figure?

sec_monkey, techsar and Tully Mars like this.
  6. ochit

ochit Monkey+

Water Polo,, competitive diving, take your gal to the submarine races When I was younger I could figure out things to do no matter what the weather I had this boudoir balancing act --- well no uniforms or clothing required .

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

The constant rain does suck. A buddy of mine mows lawns on the side for extra income, has more than 30 lawns to care for. There's no good in the world when it rains constantly, nothing can get done.

8. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I feel yer pain Andy! Bout the same for us.Pop up storms pretty much everyday for the last 10 days or so. The gully washer started last night and ended around noon today. I can't drive down to the chickens for fear of tearing up the road until it dries out some.

sec_monkey and TnAndy like this.
  9. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Sounds like you live next to me Andy , I's got web feet
    Sloth & 3 toes

Tully Mars and sec_monkey like this.
  10. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

We went straight from winter to summer here in the SE Mitten.
    Snow in the 3rd week of april and 95 this past weekend.
    Maybe 2 inches of rain this month total.
    At this rate, I'm going to have August Grass in June.

sec_monkey likes this.
  11. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

We have had the warmest May on record in the Pacific NW.....nobody around here is complaining.
    I will push that good weather to you Monkeys easterly of me....which is most of ya. ;)

12. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I think I will send you a snow storm.., just for grins....

13. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

You think two weeks is bad?! Come visit me, oh, anytime now. :)

My very first week in Cambodia, I stayed in a resort in a beach town. This was May of 2012. During the first five days in, I was getting a bit of cabin fever. It had rained - POURED, every single day since arriving.

As she was about to leave, I asked the young lady cleaning the room, "When will this rain ever stop?" It seemed as though she didn't understand, or didn't hear me, as she turned and walked away.

The next morning, she came to clean the room again. She walked in, looked at me with a very serious face and said, "November." :D :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  14. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

Send some north. We were swamped in rain earlier when we were trying to get stuff planted, now that we have it turned hot and dry. Supposed to rain some here this week, gardens and crops need it. Speaking of crops, some farmers are really behind on getting theirs in due to the cold and rain earlier. Still working the fields, still trying to plant, mostly beans now, corn is mostly up and looking good, if we get rain to keep it going.

Thunder5Ranch likes this.
  15. BenP

BenP Monkey++

I looked at the forecast this morning and it looks like it will dry up and stay that way for a while.

16. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Same problems here still about 1/3 of the bean fields around me and including mine are not planted yes. Corn looks good for now but I am worried if the heat keeps trending up that it is not going to pollinate good :( Been high 80s -low 90s through all of May LOL guess June will be high 90s and low 100s just for kicks!

Wild Trapper and Yard Dart like this.
  17. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

Could be worse. I don't think it has rained in AZ for months. They are talking about the drought. Putting in stock tanks with water for wild animals.

18. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Well, that band of rain came in like a 3 locomotive train pulling 10 cars.

Wild Trapper and Tully Mars like this.
  19. BenP

BenP Monkey++

IMG_20180530_185547.
    This blew through yesterday, it made the windmill generate some power.

Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  20. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

We are into "rainy season", for sure, here in SEA. Yesterday afternoon / early evening, it stormed for more than two hours. Every vessel we have to store water in, was overflowing. More water storage tanks are most definitely needed.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7