Sig Sauer P320 issues

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by stg58, Dec 13, 2022.

Tags:
  1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

There are “claims” by numerous law enforcement agencies of the SIG P320 going off in their holster and otherwise without pulling the trigger. There is one body cam of one going off in a holster.
    One agency is dumping 1,900 P320's in favor of the Glock Model 45.
    Every ambulance chasing lawyer (and anti gunner) will jump on any report of Civilians or LEO's claiming an unintentional discharge with a P320, and could conceivably drive SIG Sauer into bankruptcy.
    SIG will almost have to do a recall to cover their a$$.
    We have SIG weapons with no issues, but there may be many used P320's hitting the market soon.

One link, but a search will show more.
    Lawsuit filed against Sig Sauer over P320 pistol concerns
    CONCORD, N.H. —

Police and federal law enforcement officers are among 20 people from multiple states saying they were wounded by a popular type of SIG Sauer pistol, the latest lawsuit alleging that the gun is susceptible to going off without the trigger being pulled.

The lawsuit, filed last Wednesday in U.S. federal court in Concord, New Hampshire, says there have been over 100 incidents of the P320 pistol unintentionally discharging when the user believed they did not pull the trigger.

[​IMG]

2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

So the police turn ins should be available cheap.
    Noted.

3. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

I thought that was an issue years ago, and was resolved before the US Army/USMC adopted it? Good to know, had my eyes open for one.

Dannyboy53, techsar and Dunerunner like this.
  4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

That would be a nice score…[winkthumb]

Dannyboy53 and VisuTrac like this.
  5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Never been a Fan of Sig pistols, to me, they are way over hyped over blown, and over priced copies of the 1911 series pistols ( many of them are) and their safety record isn't helping them! We were issued the M-11/P-228 series ( my last service issue pistol) and while it worked, it was a far cry from the M-9 I had grown very fond of! Between Sig constantly futzing about with their pistol series and the near constant changes and upgrades that make new models, I'm not impressed at all with them! Love their Rifles, especially the 551 carbines, but that's a whole different animal!

Cruisin Sloth and Dannyboy53 like this.
  6. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Australia is just replacing the BHP (and presumably the SF’s USPs) with 320s. I would still take a BHP over most sidearms.

techsar, crowdaddy and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Well, like VisuTrac should you hear where these thousands of P320s are being sold, please let us know. Sig Sauers are a bit pricey for me given that you can get the same quality much cheaper in other brands but I would be willing to purchase one on a good deal.

I do think this information might be old as the US Army definitely had a problem with them and it was definite resolved - pronto. This was a few years back almost right after they won the contract, so I bet we are talking about the same problem - or - these police agencies did not get pistols repaired after the US Army had Sig recalled and correct them.

Dannyboy53, VisuTrac and CraftyMofo like this.
  8. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

The information is very current, Milwaukee PD with 3 discharges and one for a Fed in the city. Milwaukee started the change to the Glock 45 today.
    If the Army had issues and now Police departments around the country are having issues makes it more concerning that SIG has not jumped all over the problems.

On Wednesday Milwaukee police provided an update on their plan to replace department-issued Sig Sauer P320 handguns.
    Updated: 7:07 PM CST Dec 14, 2022
    Milwaukee police officers begin training on new Glocks

Dunerunner likes this.
  9. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Not good news for Sig Sauer,,, I'm afraid.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7