1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by stg58, Jul 31, 2016.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey..... Moderator Site Supporter++

Umm the won on the left will keep me safe..right... yeah that one... I think... uhh yeah. [stoner][stoner][stoner]
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grudge Monkey

I prefer no signs, let it be known that all persons may likely be armed and prepared to respond! We had a piece of paper this one time a few years ago that said all there needs sayin 'bout that! Seams I remember it sayin something 'bout the right to keep and bear arms, or somethin like that! We don't need no stinkin signs!!!
  4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey..... Moderator Site Supporter++

UncleMorgan and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Moderator Moderator Site Supporter++

I have noticed they put pictures on everything. Signs used to be just words. Now signs are words and pictures. Soon it will be just pictures and I think those pictures say it all.
    stg58, UncleMorgan, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  6. Meat

Meat Monkey+

Try starting a chainsaw or almost any gas powered tool. You'd think by now I could figure out the choke. Nope. Then there's the kill switch. Nope. [afro]
    UncleMorgan and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. Salted Weapon

Salted Weapon West Coast Monkey

Here in Roseburg Oregon, we had the UCC shooting the only Gun Free Zone withing 100 miles except the court house.
    Oh and lets all guess where the guy from California moved up here and three month later chose UCC as a human hunting ground ??
    Yet the Liberal imports who run UCC still say they stand by their policy even after the shooting.
    UncleMorgan, Ura-Ki, 3M-TA3 and 2 others like this.
  8. Meat

Meat Monkey+

I'm not a big follower of signs because it interferes with my fun. Within reason of course. [afro]
    UncleMorgan, Ura-Ki and Ganado like this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Ambulatory anachronism Administrator Founding Member

Well, we've now seen several cases where gun free zones were turned into hunting grounds. We've even seen where citizens carrying ended "situations" quickly. What I have yet to see is a case where signs encouraging open (or concealed) carry has discouraged bgs. Now I know damn well that negative proofs are impossible logically, so the absence of incidents signed for encouragement tells us nothing.

The direct answer to the question is that there is no sign ever written or to be written that will ensure anyone's safety. Setting things up so the bgs have no clue what they are facing is the best deterrent. Thus spake me, and maybe me only.
    UncleMorgan, Ura-Ki and Salted Weapon like this.
  10. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

I never carry my gun into the Post Office because they have a sign up stating it's against the law.... yeah right!
  11. ghrit

ghrit Ambulatory anachronism Administrator Founding Member

The postmaster here sees me often enough that he's used to seeing a gun butt close to my butt. He's never said a word, nor have any of his minions or other patrons. I've tested that a couple time with OC, have not been called on it, not even once. There are some advantages to remote locations.
    GOG, UncleMorgan, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Here's your sign:
  13. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey+

do not read this sign.
    GOG, Motomom34, Yard Dart and 4 others like this.
  14. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey++

3M-TA3 likes this.
  15. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey++

3M-TA3 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary