SM Hacked by exploit

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by melbo, Jan 26, 2012.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Sorry for the downtime tonight. I was traveling the last few days and didn't notice an alert about an exploit discovered in a module our forum software runs.

Since I didn't catch it in time, we went into stage 2 and then 3 of the attack.

Everything should be good now and while annoying, we didn't lose any information.

*vBSEO Security Bulletin* All Supported Versions: Patch Release - vBulletin SEO Forums

2. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

Ewwww, Ugly....... Thanks for getting things Back..... I for one appreciate all the work you do here, Melbo... THANKS....

3. Gunny Highway

Gunny Highway Hard Work and Sacrifice blessed by God's Grace Site Supporter

Hackers - I vote death penalty if caught....anyone else feel that way ? I just hate em

4. french821

french821 Monkey+

i dont mean to be off subject here, but i a new user here and I was wondering why I can only down load X number of file. Also does this change after i become a full member?

5. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Does this mean somebody tried hacking into the system or you ended up with a malicious plug-in or what, most of what was in the explanation is Greek to me.

6. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I think so, after you have made a certain amount of posts you are not classified as a probationary member.

7. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

At first when I logged in and saw the BS, I was like:
    ohno

Then I log in today and I read this and it's more like:
    crankyankersyay.

Tracy likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7