1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

SM Hacked by exploit

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by melbo, Jan 26, 2012.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Sorry for the downtime tonight. I was traveling the last few days and didn't notice an alert about an exploit discovered in a module our forum software runs.

Since I didn't catch it in time, we went into stage 2 and then 3 of the attack.

Everything should be good now and while annoying, we didn't lose any information.

*vBSEO Security Bulletin* All Supported Versions: Patch Release - vBulletin SEO Forums
  2. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

Ewwww, Ugly....... Thanks for getting things Back..... I for one appreciate all the work you do here, Melbo... THANKS....
  3. Gunny Highway

Gunny Highway Hard Work and Sacrifice blessed by God's Grace Site Supporter

Hackers - I vote death penalty if caught....anyone else feel that way ? I just hate em
  4. french821

french821 Monkey+

i dont mean to be off subject here, but i a new user here and I was wondering why I can only down load X number of file. Also does this change after i become a full member?
  5. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Does this mean somebody tried hacking into the system or you ended up with a malicious plug-in or what, most of what was in the explanation is Greek to me.
  6. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I think so, after you have made a certain amount of posts you are not classified as a probationary member.
  7. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

At first when I logged in and saw the BS, I was like:

Then I log in today and I read this and it's more like:
    Tracy likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary