Star Arms Gun Shop Closes Doors, Stephenville, Texas

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by HK_User, Oct 23, 2020.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Star Arms | Hunting Gear | Stephenville, TX
    Very little news but maybe just Covid and lack of business.
    Anyway if you may be a customer with items at the Store get in touch with them.

2. duane

duane Monkey+++

Don't know that dealer, live in NH and haven't bought anything online from them. Doesn't look good for local gun shops in our area. Couple I know have either changed their business approach or were forced to change it. The one I liked the best was until a few years ago ran by a man in his 50's and his son in his 20's. Dad started out with a shop in his basement, built a decent business up over about 10 years, built a good sized building on his lot, moved his gun shop out of his basement, hired a couple people, gunsmith worked for New England Firearms until he retired, good people, good products, no debt, fair prices, and very friendly. About 5 years ago was sold, he wanted to retire, new owners while very nice were very much business oriented and while it was a good shop, felt more like Target Dept store than local gun shop. Stocked a line of expensive rifles, good pistols, good ammo, etc, but very little reason for the locals going into the shop. They bought a piece of land on highway, built a several million dollar building, arranged their wares in the latest commercial design, the staff changed to salesmen and salesladies, their extensive and expensive stock was aimed at people who drove 50 miles to the "big" gun store to buy the latest and best toys. Been in the store a couple times, but like most of the other locals, ended up buying from PSA for parts, LOT cheaper in what I play with, or Cabela's etc, lower prices and stock I can afford. In my lifetime, 80 + years, firearms sales have always seemed to be feast or famine. While there is a hardcore of customers who buy all the time, there is another group that panic buy, and a lot of the new shops in my area have just too much debt and are aimed to much at the wealthy panic buyer, to survive the next slowdown.

The real danger for all of the gun industry, from individual who wishes to sell extra deer rifle, to Ruger and everyone in between is the politicians changing the law and letting the legal industry target the gun industry. If they can steal the assets of the Boy Scouts of America, lawyers got at least 1/3 rd of "settlement", what chance does the gun industry have? Try as much as possible to deal with smaller local shops, but they seem to be on their way out at this moment. Hard for person who retired, has interest in firearms, has a decent collection, who wishes to open up a small shop in his basement or garage, to get stock, fight with zoning board, get insurance, etc, and even open up and even harder to stay in business.

3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Gun shops have been doing very well. The ones here sell anything as fast as they can get it.

4. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

very :( :(

dat is terrible :cry: :cry:

folks need to support their local shops as much as possible specially like da one Sir HK linked to

[biggrouphug] [biggrouphug] yall

5. HK_User

And then you have the know nothing clowns around town who claim there was something amiss because the BATF picked up the store's computers, all the while not realizing the records of all business is on those computers and is required to be turned over to the BATF.

Then we have muck rakers who decide to smear the good name of the Business by claiming all kinds of illicit activities is on the computers.

Makes you wonder how many Dems are embedded in Face Book.

Yuck!

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Actually, it is a PAPER COPY of those computer records, that is REQUIRED to be turned over to the BATFE...

7. HK_User

Since all the records are in digital format, including the signatures then the computers are the records and they are picked up by the ATF.

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7