States with the Highest and LOWEST Tax Burden on their Citizens....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BTPost, Feb 20, 2018.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I am afraid to comment on this as just 30 minutes ago I finished my taxes or to state it in a more direct manner: I was financially raped. Then to add insult to the injury and a double dose of pain, I was raped again being fined for lack of Health Insurance...would you believe that the Health Care crap alone was $8800? But, that is but a drop of the total...

I invest with taxed money, take 100% of the risk and they graciously grant me the tax rate of 19%...then, the state decides that it is not enough that the Feds tax that money, they will tax it also! The don't take any risk. They already taxed the money that I used to invest. Yet, they reap the profits and ask for more but give me what in return...Good government?

Yes, I am starting to understand why it doesn't pay to invest or work in this country...

It's 3pm and I am going to have a drink...a lot of them. And, people wonder why people go crazy here...and this is only one of the reasons but today it's my big one...

Yard Dart and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. BTPost

@Bandit99 I feel your pain, Bro... We did ours a couple of weeks ago, and because we are reTIRED, and OLD, and live below the Poverty Level, we got all our Taxes returned this year... Now last year, when we bought the 2006 White Toyota 4X4 Pickup Truck, we had to take dispercements from my 401K, and my Annuity, and that put us, into the single Digit. Tax Bracket, and actually had to kick in a few bucks, to the FEDs... I like to think my Fed Taxes went to buy Hajii Killing Ammuntion, that year...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Illinois should be moving into 49th or 50th in the next couple of years, about the time Momma T5R can retire and we cut and run.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. Bandit99

@BTPost I am not against paying taxes as, like the next man, I desire good roads, Fire and Police services but this...furthermore, I cannot say that I get anything for my cost which to me is a fortune, six (6) figures...

You know, I did everything correct. I stayed overseas for years just to get the tax exemption and I was frugal and invested my money - unlike most. I have no Porsche in the garage and it is not because I can't afford it. I came back to America, purchased my home with cash just to find out that's a bad idea. How can that possibly be a bad idea to buy one's home, own one's land? Because one gets the interest off their taxes for a house loan. WTH? I repeat, WTH? How can that be? Silly Bandit, banks own the law makers...so borrow the money and be happy.

What other country has the nerve to make their illegal actions legal by passing the laws to do so? Hell, I've been to 51 countries in this world, (wife just told me 53), lived in 13 and none of them would go that far. They dare not! But, this place? They beat the drum and then their chests, wave the flag, talk a line of crap and...Bingo. We are a nation of fools. And, we shall pay the price, of that I am convinced. Nationalism is a good thing but like everything too much is fatal. Ask Germany.

@BTPost For the record, I wanted to go to Alaska. Russian people have a great stigma against places like Siberia, for honest and understandable reasons. I understood my wife's reluctance and took into account her preferences, but you Sir - well - you and your clan have done the right thing. It is the only thing I didn't do that I should have done...and I will posed this question to my wife this evening of a migration to Alaska for now she understands things a bit better...for you see part of the façade of our government is to make things so confusing that no one understands exactly what is what anymore. And for her, is not America the land of hope and opportunity? No Dearest, America is the land of great shops and wares of which nothing is manufactured here...

LOL! My wife just told me a story... her grandfather or great-grandfather (father side) in the Ukraine didn't care for the Communists because - they were rich - well - maybe well-to-do, and the Communists came after the revolution and said "You have too many sheep, cows, horses...alfalfa, wheat...too much in the root cellar...and way too much land..." So, with two other families her grandfather went to Siberia to get away from the reach of Communism and where land was being given away, huge plots. Here we are in the 21st-century and we are still running even in the 'land of the free'. I am Scot/Irish I don't run well. It demeans me and if those around me don't call coward - I do. But, I don't think Alaska is far enough away...I really don't.

It has never hit me until now the state of our affairs in my country. I think I am finally starting to understand the word used by my ancestors: tyranny. But, if I raise my head, I would be crushed, like a bug, like the rest, and no one would hear my name again and I would be mocked and criticized and forgotten in less than a day...actually, that is not so bad an idea, especially after a few more drinks! Yet, there are those that wonder why we have the crazies here... No, I've no wish to go out in a prison cell or worse...on my feet, at least that, the rest I can forgive myself.

We are all fools...mislead, lied to, and truly nothing but serfs...pay your interest, silly Bandit, even though you need it not! Pay, pay, pay and kick the can down the road...let another generation pay with their lives. We are not only fools but cowards.

PS. Mods, I ask your and BTPost forgiveness and am more than willing to move this discussion to a new thread. However, I must state that this perhaps was a serendipitous event he, nor I, timed.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    Yard Dart likes this.
  6. BTPost

No need to worry around here about your posts, so far... Opinions are ALWAY welcome on the Monkey.... Rants, not so much... and Contrarians, well we seem to keep ONE of those...

Yard Dart and Bandit99 like this.
  7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Louisiana needs to be rated lower, The joker in charge just started taxing internet purchases

8. Bandit99

@BTPost "No need to worry around here about your posts, so far..."
    Thank you. And, no, I will not go beyond 'so far' because my family also is bloodied in this country's history. I do not refute our history just our government's interpretation of it which obviously our government has debased. My God, I am so angry! What do I get for this money that behooves me? Nothing. I disagree with all their policies - well - almost all of them. All I want is to be left alone!

I truly think it is time to move this to a new thread...bugger it. We'll see what the forum says...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  9. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Bandit..... we feel your pain!!!

[gadsden]

10. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

@Bandit99

We all Feel your pain !
    Were in the same boat here.
    Land assessments for me went up 87% .. WTH

were fighting it !!

Hours for us with no pay , appeal board is paid ,BY US TAX PAYERS !!
    WTH !

Sloth

11. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

One of the first steps a person can make towards true freedom is to understand that we live in a slave society.

Almost every American is an economic slave. We are told--and the laws are written to require--that we must pay taxes, we must buy certain things like insurances and and licenses, and we must pay designated fees and assessments. Etc., etc., ad nauseum.

Meanwhile, if we work for another, we must work for the least amount of money they will pay. (That, oddly enough, is also the greatest amount of money they will pay.)

But if we try to work for ourselves, we must pay even more for the privilege of doing so.

(That's civilizations way or weeding out the unfit.)

And all of that has one purpose, and one purpose only: to maintain the status of our slavery.

Who would get up in the morning at 5 am and climb on a garbage truck for another day of brutal, wretched, futureless labor, if the penalty for failing to do so was not death? Both for them and their families?

Think it's not? What's a five-letter word that means "dying of starvation"? Ans: B-R-O-K-E.

But it's not really that bad. Your wife will probably leave you before she dies and take up slave labor elsewhere.

And your children--being free citizens--will be taken by the State, whether they like it or not, and have their feet put firmly on the path to a future of good, honest, hard-working economic slavery.

At the least possible cost, care, and concern of the State, of course.

The State does not want your children getting rich, powerful, or out from under it's thumb. It wants them to shut up and punch a time-clock until they are told to do other wise.

That's why our schools are run the way they are.

Now, getting back to the job, if someone thinks garbage men don't really have it all that hard, how about mopping hot tar on roofs in the Florida sun, standing on the sloping edge of death for minimum wage?

But even if someone is working in an air-conditioned office writing loans for people that can't afford them, it's still exactly the same. It's economic slavery. Their slavery. Only the working conditions and the "minimum wage" for that particular kind of work may be a little better.

(Gosh, It's nice to get ahead, isn't it? Even if it's just being a little better off than the other slaves...)

Our economic system is designed to keep poor people poor, because they must be made to do the excretory jobs that all civilizations must have done to maintain their existence.

So how does a person get out of economic slavery? How do they break the financial chains that bind them?

How do they get out of the circular rut that sees them make $10.00 dollars every day, day after day, only to have to spend $9.97 of it to pay for what you must have in order to live another day?

And how does a person avoid spending that last $0.03 on something--anything--that will help them forget even for a moment that their next tomorrow is going to be their last today?

Why is a bottle of beer cheaper than a bottle of water?

It's not hard to escape from economic slaver. But it's very, very, hard, because The System is designed expressly to prevent it.

Don't borrow. Not for anything. "Interest" , i.e. "debt", is how you get sentenced to years of hard labor with no parole, and no time off for good behavior.

Don't borrow for a "good" education. Don't borrow for a home. Don't borrow for a car. Got a credit card? NO problem--as long as you never pay any interest or fees for it.

Save every dime you can beg, borrow, or steal, and then go into business. Become a slave that owns slaves.

Every person that you give a good job, every person that you pay so they can have food on their table and a roof over their heads, is your slave. Right up until you don't need them anymore, or they decide that another slaveholder may be a better master.

Eventually, when you have accumulated more money (and power) than everyone else can take away from you, you ave joined the ranks of the free.

You'll probably still be a slave owner, but at least they'll be the slaves, not you.

Hey--life is tough. We can't all be free. It's against the law.

The most obvious difference between a slave and a free man is that the free man has complete control over how he chooses to spend his time, and where.

Just for giggles & grins, I submit the following:
    1) If you live in the United States, all Federal Income Taxes are voluntary. That includes participation in Payroll Tax Withholding.
    2) If you live in the United States, driver's licenses are not required for non-commercial drivers.

Bandit99 likes this.
  12. Bandit99

@UncleMorgan As always, Uncle, you sum things up nicely. This was the first real income tax year for me in my adult life and what a wake up call. I say this because for the majority of my life I worked overseas where we would get ~$100,000 'tax exemption' and no state taxes because I was a resident of Washington State so yeah, I would have to pay some tax some times depending on investments and etc. but never too much and never State Tax.

So, I come back to the states and the first two years I didn't work or even try to make money. I'm retired so screw it! I paid for my lovely home by letting incompetent military officers or government agency personnel jump on my chest (with both feet) and/or let me train and educate them whilst they gather the laurels (part of the job) and, of course, there was always someone trying to send a RPG up my backside or Mortar on my old pate, plus a few stray shots now and then. I did it for over 30+ years, enjoyed the work a lot. Anyway...

I am good with stocks, real good. So, when I say I knew this day would come - well - I was right. Intel pegged at a 17 year high. I offed all of it. Unfortunately, I happened to make a lot of money off a few other investments earlier also this year so what looked like a huge payday for Bandit was in truth a huge payday also for the Feds and the State. They took a quarter of it. No if's, and's or but's... I have no write offs, no kids, nothing...and that is that.

What I think also is hugely unfair is that both, Feds and State, tax that money twice. I mean, instead of deducting what I had to pay the Feds (btw 2X what I paid State) prior to the State computing what is own them, they just took the same Gross Earnings figure without taking into account the Feds already nailed me to a cross. Taxes are transparent, don't exist, don't cost anything or what?

What came across to me this year, in big red letters, is how in the world any working Joe gets ahead in this country? I honestly don't know how all of you have done it. You all have my greatest admiration, especially those that raised a family.

PS. Yes, we are slaves, no doubt about it.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  13. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

We used the same way the .GOV figures out the way the report to us .
    Grey is not a colour or a shade !!
    In Kanada 7 years is paper trail , And NEVER HELP them NEVER !!
    They are like Cops , I don't trust these so called "Peace Keepers " .
    They Lie worse than a tweaker ..

Know your world , pay it forward , frick them !! and what was obo Pres Turd doing with fining you if you couldn't pay for health crap !!

Ya all should of said F U , do a general strike , take a week off & stop USA !!

That say F U to .GOV , two then your real mad !

4 days food max
    Sloth

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7