Stop Foreign Interference In Our Elections Dead

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TXKajun, Aug 3, 2018.

1. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Seems like all the new "improvements" in our election process have caused more problems than we've ever seen, including the supposed Russian Influence scandal.

IMHO, there's 2 simple things to do to prevent this, starting immediately. First, go back to paper ballots with the old "Fill in the oval" method of marking them, second, require IDs for voting.

Kajun

tacmotusn, 3M-TA3, Ura-Ki and 9 others like this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Strangely the Democrats threaten to light them selves on fire in the streets if you do this.
    But if they think the Russians are hacking into 100% electric voting machines and altering the out come in favor of the Republicans they are all for it.

tacmotusn, Ura-Ki, Zimmy and 3 others like this.
  3. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Okay. So, is there a downside to this?

tacmotusn, 3M-TA3, Ura-Ki and 8 others like this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.

3M-TA3, Ura-Ki, Asia-Off-Grid and 3 others like this.
  5. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I doubt poll machine hacking has 1% of the efficiency in manipulation of elections as fake news and Facebook memes hammering away at the opinions of our uninformed voter pool.

If people just took the time to educate themselves and form individual opinions the propaganda would be far less effective.

3M-TA3, Ura-Ki, Seawolf1090 and 2 others like this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Sorry if this seems cynical, but why get educated when opinions are so readily available for adoption with no expense of time better spent on games?

7. duane

duane Monkey+++

The census does not ask if illegal, green card, etc and thus the cities and states with large numbers of aliens, legal or otherwise, are awarded seats in the house based on the number living in the area, not the number of citizens living in the area. What would happen in the house if California lost about 15 % of its seats and New York lost 10 %? Most of the seats would go to areas that have few non natives. Might make the house a little more red. Never happen as everyone "needs" to be represented. Be rioting in the streets and now as Paul Harvey used to say, the rest of the story about the big fight to put citizenship question on the ballot.

3M-TA3 likes this.
  8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I don't think voting machines are being hacked yet.
    We just need the useful idiots to think that they are being hacked.

tacmotusn likes this.
  9. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Only problem with that, is that ONE political party believes that you must be "racist" (generic term, that has little to do with race or bigotry, but sounds nasty, so they overuse it), to demand ID's to vote.

Or, like I tell anyone who will listen, it wouldn't matter if the government set up mobile ID issuing trucks, required little to no proof of identification, AND offered voter ID's for FREE.....the liberals would still cry racism! Maybe because they have something to lose, if their constituents have to be legal citizens AND can only vote once, per election?? :rolleyes:

My favorite voter related meme, on Facebook, right now? "Stop Foreign Interference in our elections!!", followed by, "You mean, like allowing illegals to vote??" :whistle::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7