Storm of the century, The Blizzard of 1949

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by arleigh, Nov 28, 2019.

1. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

A you tube documentary of a surprise storm that is worth the watch IMO.
    I have to wonder if it was not the result of a CME.
    Watch it and tell me what you think.
    Of particular interest in the subject was the mention of an upside down rainbow and gun barrels sparking.

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Gator 45/70, arleigh and Dunerunner like this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

All the big names are taking notice of solar activity on weather and climate.

Cosmic rays increasing cloud formation and solar storms surging the power and intensity of organized weather systems was hypothetical nonsense even just 5 years ago.

Remember how climate protesters stormed the field of the Havard Yale game?
    They are pissed because now that the climate scientific community, some of which are located at those 2 schools are taking solar forcing seriously they are toning down the CO2 dooms day rhetoric and focusing more on the sun.

It all started about 13 months ago. When the second of a 2 satellite package went up.
    The ICON and GOLD satellites look at the effect of space weather on earth's upper atmosphere in real time.
    Because the previous assumption was that space weather had little to no measurable effect on the atmosphere.
    This experiment was to determine once and for all if there is or if there is not any interactions between the atmosphere and space weather.
    That "space weather has no effect" shit went out the window in after about a week.
    I don't think they were expecting an almost instant definite result.

From then on the radical climate dooms day cult and the actual scientists have been on divergent paths. The scientists seem like they are going to do a soft kill off of dooms day global warming. But the insane climate cult won't accept anything less than what they have already decided, which is radical changes such as ban fossil fuel use, end capitalism, institute communism.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    Gator 45/70 and 3cyl like this.
  4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

LOL lets go over the climate environment scares and the end of the world in 10 years antics...... just in my lifetime.

1960s "The oil will be depleted in 10 year or less."
    1970s "Another Ice Age within the next 10 years."
    1980s "Acid rain will kill everything and we will starve within 10 years."
    1990s "The Ozone Layer will be destroyed within 10 Years."
    2000 "The Polar Ice Caps will be gone in 10 years and NYC, and all coastal states will be underwater in....... you guessed it 10 Years"

Not one of these came even close to becoming a reality. What they did result in is more regulation and higher taxes...... Which was IMO part of the long game the American Communist are playing. The climate models are all worthless as they have never accounted for solar activity and winds, where the solar activity and winds is accounted is it is put in the human activity column. Given the base line was set coming out of a solar minimum when this bunk started there was nowhere for the numbers to go but up, with everything not accounted for in the models being attributed to human activity. Even many of the climate scientist say the models are a work in progress and nowhere near accurate or complete and were never meant for anything other than academic purposes. Certainly not making policy purposes. A lot more complicated than that but that is the basics of why Climate Science based on incomplete and flawed models to make flawed projections is just JUNK science with no credibility. The Climate Cult like any cult will not believe anything other than what they have been basically brainwashed into believing. The sad thing is they are not just going to go away now because they control education and have for quite sometime now. They know they can't convert thinking adults but they can indoctrinate children from Pre School through College and are very good at it.

BlueDuck, Dont, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The ozone layer one was real. It gets destroyed every winter.

Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  6. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Volcanoes don't help it much but one thing of interest is since the hole has been tracked since the 80's it is pretty clear that it expands and contracts as you said Every Winter. I remember the cultist back in 2015going bananas over the huge expansion of the ozone and their hysteria that we had to stop everything we nasty human do like.......... breathing so it would heal and remain stable. Now over a few years it is pretty conclusive that the Volcano in Chile was the driver behind the holes massive expansion, when it should have been shrinking. Volcanic Eruption Expanded Ozone Hole to Record Size | MIT Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences One thing I have learned about the leftist, cultist, communist is they thrive on everything being a crisis real or more often than not perceived. Personally I like to give the facts time to unfold and the reality to play out, sadly the reality is usually buried under a ton of misguided emotionally driven hype and the initial misinformation remains the truth of choice for the masses.

techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Crap like the rest of you people I've been in several storms of the century
    Andrew,Katrina, The great freeze of 86,The floods of 2016.
    Obozo, Klintons etc.

Thunder5Ranch likes this.
  8. DKR

This recent paper - Error - Cookies Turned Off has a focus on CO2 levels as a driver for heat events. What it ignores is the parallel solar events (Flares, CME and such) that provide a better match for these heat events.

See also

Science can be of benefit to mankind, but "Science" driven by a political agenda using cherry-picked data sets isn't anything but blind propaganda. Sadly, most folks cannot tell the difference.

Gator 45/70 and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  9. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I think that the people living in florida and europe might disagree with you who do not believe the world is changing,

10. DKR

That it is changing, I believe, isn't an issue. The cause and what to do about the changes is the issue set.

The alarmists would have (their) absolute control over every aspect of your (my) daily life. I'm not willing to grant that based on bogus 'science'.

Thunder5Ranch and ghrit like this.
  11. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

The Earth has been in a constant state of change for around 4.5 Billion years. Very often that change being very fast and extreme. The last 15,000 years (A drop in the bucket) has been one of the most moderate and stable times in geological history. When people build cities in areas at or just above sea level, it is pretty much a given that those areas will be subjected more heavily to the whims of a ever changing planet. Just a part of living on a rock that is perpetually in motion and flying through space at a very high velocity.

12. My folks talked about this storm, how duck hunters on islands in the RIVER barely got back to shore. Does this storm bare resemblance to the "Children's blizzard" of 1888? The upside down rainbow sounds like they saw the bottom of a ring around the sun. The sparking gun barrels, VERY low dew point, and moving particulates. Same thing happened during the dust storms of the 1930's.

arleigh and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

What's real inconvenient is the largest hole seen to date was 2010, like decades after CFCs were banned.
    The Ozone seems to build and fade regardless of man's activities.

My biggest problem is they never established a control. They put the satellite that detected the hole up in 1978, saw the hole and assumed it was caused by man.

Thunder5Ranch and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

There was the 1883 eruption of Krakatoa that reeked havoc on the climate for at least 5 years.

15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

climate.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7