Such a Deal, I gots for you, Today.....

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by BTPost, Aug 25, 2018.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Deal Alert: Walmart is Slashing Prices on Firearms
    BY LUIS VALDES |

AUG 24, 2018 |
    [​IMG]
    Walmart is cutting their prices on firearms all across the country and placing them on clearance. Weatherby Vanguards Rifles are going for $249.00. Ruger Mini-14s are priced at $399.00. You can get a Savage Axis rifles with scope for $199.00. The Ruger 10/22 Takedowns are priced low at an incredible $124.00, and there are more like this.

[​IMG]

Is this a pre-hunting season deal-a-thon or is Walmart liquidating inventory, perhaps getting out of the firearms business?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The best deal in my opinion is the Ruger Mini-14 at $399.00. They usually go for $767.00. The newer Minis are solid guns for both self defense and brush hunting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The holidays are right around the corner, so if you have someone special in mind and want to get them a great gift, nothing says awesome like an affordable firearm. The variety of .22 Rifles on sale is great for kids and the bolt action center-fire rifles are good quality rifles are excellent and ready to put meat in the freezer this fall.

Whatever Walmart’s motivation, don’t miss this opportunity.

GOG, Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and 5 others like this.
  2. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Oh, how I wish Sam Walton was still alive today.

3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Not Here!

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yipes!! It's an hour ride to the "local" wallyworld to find out they have nothing left. Then again, I'd have to sell something to get on that gravy train.

sec_monkey, Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. HK_User

I checked the local Wally World's web site. No such deals and durn few guns.

sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I may have given the impression that I went down there. I didn't, and when I checked the weekly ads nothing showed. The search function showed only air rifles.

sec_monkey, Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  7. HK_User

May be a NM deal Only.

sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Just called and they said there were SOME guns on clearance, all gone now since the sale started a couple days ago.

9. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

I'd have to travel to either the North Shore or another parish to find guns in Walmart! None in Orleans or Jefferson. Thank God for Academy and pawn shops.

10. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I would buy a Mini-14 and the Takedown 10/22 in a heartbeat at those prices. Hell, I would buy a couple of the Takedown! I am going to check if our Walmart has anything...but truly doubt it as a lot of gun nuts (like myself) around here so I imagine this sale inventory lasted for about 5 minutes, in that. Nevertheless, I am calling now.

EDIT: I called my local Walmart but no-joy. They had not heard of any sale and didn't carry the Mini-14 or the Ruger 10/22 Takedown. My guess is this was a local sale and those firearms are not standard inventory, might be the reason for the sale. Those are unbelievable prices and I was ready to jump in the truck and get down there.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  11. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Thanks for the heads up on this. I'll be in Walmart tomorrow ,,,, just because of this post. I do wonder if this could be in a more liberal area where them types complain about the possibility of an unattended weapon left alone could flip out and cause mass suicides. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Seems I heard a few years back of a few walmarts that were selling either , firearms or ammunition,,,,,but would not sell both at the same store.

HK_User, sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. franks71vw

franks71vw Monkey+++

wow, lucky dog...

13. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Look carefully for an RFI chip .

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7