Survival, Just another day in Paradise.....

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by BTPost, Sep 30, 2017.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

When I first got called, the water was above the Hood, and only the top of the Cab was showing...
    IMG_0155.
    We have BIG Tides in Alaska, this was taken 3 hours later, just before I went down, with the TrackLoader, and pulled it out....

2. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

:eek: :(

UncleMorgan likes this.
  3. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

Want to borrow my wet/dry shop vac and generator? They managed to suck 22 gallons of water out of the LSE Marquis on 9/12.

UncleMorgan, sarawolf and sec_monkey like this.
  4. BTPost

Naw, this fellow is to stupid to mess with.... been a Dope Smoking Drunk for decades.... Even his sister, (The Majistrate) thinks so....

5. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

So he was probably messed up when he pulled this little stunt with his brother's pickup.

Sweet!

Year ago when I worked for the mines, a fellow with the dewatering shop managed to open a wrong valve. Water from a 72 inch pipe dented the door of his truck, broke out the driver's window and instantly filled the cab. The mine's light vehicle repair shop scrapped it out, and that was fresh water. Guess somebody got a good deal on it because more than likely the drive train was still good. It could be parted out.

Probably not on the truck in the photo

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  6. BTPost

Well he did have help, one of my other neighbors, (a Vietnam Vet SEAL, Native American) was helping him... Got his foot runover, as the truck rolled backwards... Did’t break anything in the soft Mud... very Lucky...

7. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

Was there any alcohol indicated in this incident??????? :lol:

UncleMorgan and sec_monkey like this.
  8. BTPost

Not while I was there, but my Smeller has been busted for Decades... So i am NOT sure... The Helper (SEAL) doesn’t drink or smoke, so i know he was straight, but the other guy, who knows... He has been self-Medicating for Decades...

UncleMorgan and sec_monkey like this.
  9. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Probably Pot... Thus the Duh!! factor!!

UncleMorgan and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Trade you for a trans-gender loving liberal any day. I'll even take 2-1.
    Salt water is nobodies friend.
    Good on ya as a neighbor for helping out.

11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

What was that pickup before it became scrap?

12. BTPost

It was the second best Truck in the Inlet.... I got a case of Diet Dr, Pepper out of. the deal...

13. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

And a bag of Cheeto's ????

3M-TA3, UncleMorgan and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. BTPost

i wish, Chettoes drives my Blood Sugars into Triple Digits... So i get one bag a week, on Sundays, while watching Football, but now, i do not do that, in protest, so the Chettoes have to go as well... Dang... Life is tough, and then you Die....

15. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Just a comment from one who has over-studied the subject: Ditch the Diet Dr. Pepper.

It's worse for you than the sugary version, which is also so bad for you that you should never drink it.

In fact, nobody should drink any of those carbonated casket-fillers.

Especially kids. Drinking two soft drinks a week is enough to weaken the skeletal system to the point where sports injuries rise 400%. Not mention the damage to internal organs.

Diet Dr. Pepper is absolutely the worst of the lot, both in terms of Aspartame addiction, and the physical and neurological damage it does.

Be safe: drink flaming rotgut moonshine, instead, or the fermented squeezings from the fangs of ten thousand mutant swamp vipers.

Small shots, of course--one wouldn't want to overdo.

Safety is, after all, relative. But just about anything is safer than Diet Dr. Pepper.

When I'm thirsty, I drink water. But I'm also good with coffee, tea, and various herbal drinks. And booze. Those are all recreational drinks that should come into play after the basic hydration is already taken care of.

When I want something that's especially flavorful and satisfying, I go for a super-hot cup of beef broth, made about five times weaker than for beef soup. Cubes are not required. A person can make their own, and have it taste better, too.

16. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Want to try something manly and healthy have a shot of cider vinegar . really.

oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

My friend and I once launched my boat at an obscure landing down Montegut La.for a day of fishing in Pont-a-Chein and Wonder Lake.
    Only to return that evening to the launch in which I ran the boat up on the cab of a truck.
    I backed off and my Pardnaa pulled out the paddle and tapped on the roof asking, Is anyone in there?
    He turned to me and said, Why don't you jump in and see if anyone is inside?
    I responded, Hell no, This is a job for the Sheriff dept.
    We loaded up the boat and drove to the front and called out to the old man who collected launch fees.
    There's a truck underwater in the middle launch, You better call the Sheriff dept to come check it out!
    I then put the gas to the truck and left the old man with his mouth open!
    About a month later we returned to the launch and went to pay when the old man said,
    Say your the guys who found that truck underwater at the launch ain't you?
    Me, No I think you have us confused with someone else?
    Old man, Well anyway its a stolen truck and some gang decided to dump it back here.
    Ok, Fish biting?
    Old man, Yeah if you catch them hitting at the right time.
    Me, Ok here's 5 bucks , See you later!
    Truth being,
    We think it was an Insurance job personally.

Yard Dart likes this.
  18. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I forgot to put the plug in the back of the boat ONE time, close as I ever came to sinking anything. But I have seen some close calls with guys getting stuck on the Puget Sound with their light 2-wheel drives...... backed in to the water to far and getting hung up on something....and of course the tide is coming in. Always gives me a grin when a guy flags me down to give them a yank out of the mess they are in......nobody talks much at that point.
    :lol:

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  19. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Been there, on both counts, but in a lake, not tide water.
    Number 2 son leapt into the boat and stuck the plug in.
    Had to wait for a guy to come along and wanting to launch, had to drag me out of the way. (All the while, my ex was destroying the prop on rocks that even the blind could see.)

20. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Another reason why she is an ex!!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7