Survival Medicine

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by randieser, Mar 5, 2014.

1. randieser

randieser Monkey

Hey guys! I found a book about survival medicine that I think everyone should have. It is downloadable here: bit(DOT)##/1mVpKvl

Enjoy!

I've edited the link in the hopes that it won't work. Please post an extract to assist in vetting the document.
    Welcome aboard
    ghrit

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
  2. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

SPAM

3. Snake_Doctor

Snake_Doctor Call me Snake...

Good job. It doesn't work. Why would you not want it to work?

4. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

The Moderators edited the URL, to make it NOT work, until we know MUCH MORE about the Link. Like is it SPAMM, or is it a Trojan, Virus, or Malware, in disguise. This is a Newbie, with his FIRST Post. So, We are VERY Careful about what we ALLOW, until the Newbie is KNOW, and We KNOW, that the URL is NOT Malicious... or a Sales Pitch for Ladies USED Underware...[gasmask].. ....

chelloveck likes this.
  5. Snake_Doctor

Ahhhh. I understand. No need to use caps BT. I ain't that dumb despite my Southern roots. Good move then, I appreciate the protection. So is it viable or is it Spam?

6. BTPost

He hasn't returned, with a excerpt of what the URL is about.... so likely it is Spamm, but we will not do anything about it until he either comes back, or a week, or so goes by. If he doesn't reappear, likely he will just be Banned, and thew Post Deleted.....

7. Snake_Doctor

Is there a safe way to test it? I have Norton so I assume some of you have even better anti-virals? In fact I had a computer question/problem but not sure if it'sappropriate for this forum.

8. BTPost

Can't test what we do not have....

9. ghrit

ghrit Ambulatory anachronism Administrator Founding Member

As it happens, I tested it by copy paste from the original after I jiggered the URL. It didn't work anyway, not from the first post, nor from the post in the shoutbox. I figured that if it took this machine down, the rest would still be ok. The poster is from Iceland; we've had other Icelanders that were and remain as clean as a hound's tooth, and I thought the risk was low. Seems like it was a safe way to go, now, after the fact. Snake, we do test these things, and at risk often enough.

You can post a 'puter question in the technical subforum. Technical

10. Snake_Doctor

Thanks for watching out for us. I had a virus a few weeks ago from downloading one pic from the internet. Thanks for the tech link.

11. Snake_Doctor

I guess G and BT were right to suspect this poster.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7