Survivalmonkey Affiliate Partners = SM Support

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by melbo, Jan 7, 2014.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
    Motomom34, kellory and tulianr like this.
  2. ditch witch

ditch witch resident bacon hoarder Site Supporter+

Thanks for the tab. I keep forgetting you guys are affiliates. I'm always buying e-books and assorted other things on there. I will make a stronger effort to remember to click through from here.

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Ok, question.....why are they blind links? only one with any kind of label is the amazon banner at top. They rest don't even become visible unless you are about to roll the curer over it, and then it's a blind jump to .....somewhere.o_O

4. melbo

Not sure what you mean by 'blind', I didn't label the banners wiht additional text but thought they were self explanatory as to what store was linked?

Capture.JPG

5. ghrit

ghrit Ambulatory anachronism Administrator Founding Member

The ads are visible here, no cursor pushing needed to see them. Clicking on the ads brings (me, at least) to the vendor's sites.

6. kellory

I will check it again tonight when I get home. but this morning when I posted, they were like landmines. nothing showing until you step on them. at that time I found five by touch like Braille.

7. melbo

I wonder if your browser has javascript disabled or something. From a comment in the shoutbox, it appears that Cruisin Sloth can't see them either. I've tested on Linux, Mac and now windows and they appear the same no matter which PC or browser I use.

8. melbo

9. kellory

my computer has issues I know that. however that's not a problem I'm aware of. and sloth is very computer smart.

10. melbo

Oh, Sloth runs an 'ad blocker' in his browser. That would explain his seeing a blank page.

11. melbo

@ditch witch
    Can you go back to that shop tab and tell me if you see the list of text links now?
    I also fixed that Amazon landing page.

Not sure why some aren't seeing the images.

12. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I see them

Attached Files:

13. ghrit

ghrit Ambulatory anachronism Administrator Founding Member

Could cookies be part of the problem? I have mine set to reject all third party cookies, but I can see the ads. Using Firefox exclusively.

14. melbo

If your browser rejected ALL cookies, you wouldn't be able to remain logged in from page to page on this site. The cookie is necessary for identification to the server that you is you when you click on anything. Then again, we're probably considered a first party cookie since you came here. I don't think the images themselves are using cookies.

15. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

All the Google Stuff REQUIRES a number of HTTTS Certificates, as does the Google Reporting Stuff... and some may call those, "Cookies" although they really are not.... I dumped all the weird Certificates out of my OS System a month ago, and it broke THIS, and many other Sites. So I had to go back and reLOAD all those Certificates in order to fix it all.... ......

16. ditch witch

ditch witch resident bacon hoarder Site Supporter+

Oh yeah I run an ad blocker, forgot about that. Thanks for adding the text links though, I can see them just fine.

The Amazon tab at the top works fine now. I have a little side business doing product and book reviews and am always having to buy stuff on there so I'll try to remember to go through here from now on.

melbo likes this.
  17. melbo

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7