1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Survivalmonkey.com is an Amazon.com affiliate

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by melbo, Sep 26, 2005.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Survivalmonkey.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

We will from time to time post links in the Reading Room, (and other areas), that take you to Amazon. Survivalmonkey.com earns a small commission from any sales through these links.

You can also click through this link to the Amazon main page: Amazon where we will make a small commission on all your purchases.
    UGRev likes this.
  2. melbo

Since we're coming into the Christmas season, I thought I'd bump this for any of those using Amazon to shop for gifts. If you enter Amazon through this link,you'll support survivalmonkey.com with a small commission off anything you purchase while you're there.

Survivors: A Novel of the Coming Collapse

Link is to Survivors by Rawles but it doesn't matter if you want to search for toasters or TVs after you get there:
  3. melbo

Thanks for the likes - just realized this thread was locked.
    Comments are welcome.
  4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn Mosquito Sailor

is this a sticky yet?

Amazon probably gets $25 to $50 from me every month as I expand my reference library. I will use this often if I can find it. Is it a Sticky yet? If not, why not? The reading room might be a good place. jmho
  5. ghrit

ghrit Ambulatory anachronism Administrator Founding Member

See the notice at the top of the page. Takes you to a doorway at Amazon.
  6. melbo

Thanks everyone! It looks like people have begun their Christmas shopping.
  7. ironmany2k

ironmany2k Monkey+

I realy enjoyed the book Lights Out and got the autographed copy of it from the authors website.
  8. Jeff Brackett

Jeff Brackett Monkey+ Site Supporter

I know you guys likely already know this, but just in case.... Amazon makes widgets that you can load on your site that will automatically route sales done through them to your Amazon Associates account. The search widget especially might help you with your associates sales.

If you put one on the page, I'd be happy to change my avatar here to route my book through it. That way, the monkeys get a piece of any sales I get from your site (hopefully a win/win for us both) :)

I read the initial post, and instructions on how to go to Rawles' book & then shop, but I noticed when I did that, the "survivalmonke" tag gets dropped from the address, which leads me to suspect that you might not be getting the credit you should. I also compared the address when I go that way to the address when I simply open a fresh browser & noticed that the only difference in them is the qid number, which appears to simply be a view counter.
  9. tacmotusn

tacmotusn Mosquito Sailor

Damn, damn, damn. I just made two purchases from amazon, but forgot to link thru here first. Sorry Melbo.
  10. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Question ,do we have to come here and and go to Amazon or can we just bookmark it and go from there !!
  11. melbo

Bookmark this link: Amazon.
    Cephus likes this.
  12. Dawg23

Dawg23 do or do not, there is no try

thanks Melbo, i order alot of stuff thru Amazon, and its great to know Im going to be helping the monkey b::
    melbo likes this.
  13. melbo

Yes. Thanks for the support!
  14. ExHelot

ExHelot Monkey

Sumbich, me too. Just spent several hundred on Amazon, Christ-Mass shopping. I have more to go, so I'm glad I noticed this.
  15. Motomom34

Motomom34 Moderator Moderator Site Supporter++

Just ordered going thru your link. I will try to always do this in the future.
    BTPost and melbo like this.
  16. Motomom34

Motomom34 Moderator Moderator Site Supporter++

I truly hope you are getting a percentage. I just signed in clicked the link and made another purchase. For those that haven't tried purchasing on Amazon via Survival Monkey it is real easy.

So bump this as a reminder just in case people don't read that big banner.
  17. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey

Ill give it a shot.
  18. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Highlight this thread quarterly might be a good idea
    I forget as well
  19. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King Site Supporter

Just switched my Amazon button on my browser to this one...I shop there a lot and (200+ books so far this year plus a whole lot of other stuff) and always forget to go through here...
    ghrit likes this.
  20. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

You guys can also click my Amazon button in my signature at any time, it's the same link.
    I believe I post regularly enough. ;)
    3M-TA3, Ganado and oldawg like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary