Survivor grips?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by OldDude49, Nov 10, 2017.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Sgt Nambu, Ura-Ki and Dunerunner like this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Not sure that I would want to disassemble the grips on my side arm to start a fire... Kind of like removing the pommel of your knife to get out your fishing hook, line and sinker. :D And...$99.00 :eek:

3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Ah, NO! Last thing im going to be doing is dissembling my 1911 to get at things I should all ready have in my pockets anyway! Not to mention the possable damage to my grip screws and bushings!

OldDude49, ghrit, sec_monkey and 2 others like this.
  4. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Yeah, it is a clever idea, but priced out of my league. I tend to have that type of gear near at hand anyway.

5. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Just a let know about stuff that's out there not sure I would make use of it either...

techsar, sec_monkey and Bandit99 like this.
  6. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Gimmicks !! Someone will buy it. Having to take it apart to access the items , reminds me of a story. Back in my overseas military days , one nice shiny day just before dark , my buddy decided to tear down his rifle to clean it. Right about the time he started to reassemble it, we started taking incoming fire. I grabbed my rifle, he grabbed his rifle, and a handful of parts , and we took off running to the bunker. When we got to our hole, he started assembly as fast as he could , when he started freaking out , he had lost his extractor spring for the A1. I couldn't help but laugh , I handed him my K-bar with a smile,,,,,he looked at me like he wanted to stab me with it ,,

7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Well the flip side of that story would be me buying my 1st stainless steel forearm, and AMT knockoff of a Ruger 10-22 long before Ruger got the urge to make them in SS. It came with a Hogue over-molded stock. Whole thing felt more like a full sized adult centerfire rifle than any 22lr firearm I had in my hands before. Somehow in completing the sale at a gun show in Tampa Florida circa 1976-79. Maybe later .... trivial unimportant memories fade, I carried it out without the box or instruction manual. Being SS it got a cleaning rod thru it occasionally, but not every time used, and it got a squirt of WD40 now and then. I had no clue how to break it down to detail clean it. It froze up on me after I joined Survival Monkey, less than 10 years ago. Sad story from a guy who was required to clean every weapon that left the armory aboard ship weekly at the very least, or monthly at the very longest period. NEVER EVER ignore proper maintenance on ANY firearm you might bet your life on.

Sgt Nambu, sec_monkey and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

You could put a Bic lighter in a AR cleaning kit and keep it in your buttstock for free.

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  9. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Doesn't every body do that ?

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

No, my BIC is in my pocket.

11. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

I carry more in my pocket than what's in those grips! Uber expensive too.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7