Taxing Drivers for Each Mile They Drive

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OldDude49, Mar 27, 2021.

1. JrOrtiz

JrOrtiz Monkey

Me too. RAS- run away screaming

Damm, guess it's time to buy a scooter. If I do get one does that mean I have to start wearing skinny jeans?

Meat, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

What about us that drive older vehicles that have no obd port. I drive a 1986 GMC truck with a 383 small block with a Holley carb, and no I do not have the speedometer cable hooked up.

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Modern problems some times require old school solutions

Ura-Ki, JrOrtiz and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Guess I'll be riding the Harley a lot more if this goes through

5. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Or use it for road maintenance instead of pocket lining.

Ura-Ki, techsar, OldDude49 and 2 others like this.
  6. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Already got the bike out. Husband got his out too. Now to get the son riding. He takes his class in June.

Yard Dart, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

If the f in Government stopped Foreign aid, paying off dictators, funding the worthless UN, WHO, require foreign governments to pay for our military protection(Japan, Europe etc,) Let the rest of the world pick up the cost of world disaster relief, reign in the domestic give away programs, shut the border down the list is endless. We as tax payers would get a rebate.

8. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Federal gas tax where does that go, supposed to be use for roads?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  9. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

The feds have dumped maintenance of federally funded roads (think Interstates, for example) onto the states, cooperatively of course. Guess who's beak is wetted along the way? TWO layers of distortable administrative costs, even if honestly done, reduces the available tax money income instead of using it for its intended purpose.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    3cyl, Thunder5Ranch, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  10. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Exactly the feds are the middle man on the fed gas tax and they take 10 lbs of flesh. What a scam, Sc just raised the gas tax for road improvements .

11. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Maybe buttplug should stick his fingers in a wall socket, might boost his IQ

12. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Gee...we have "representatives" who only look to pad their own portfolios...so now we're back to taxation without representation...

...what's old is new, again.

Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and johnbb like this.
  13. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

I bet if the citizens of this once great country would shut down just once week,things would be different,don’t you think? It’s not going to be any different until we hold them accountable for their actions.Have we heard anything more about bidens son,hunter? Were do politicians get their millions,I bet not on their gov.paychecks. We need to take back all the money they have stolen from our tax payers then we would have enough money to fix every road in the country. Make an example of these crooks,long prison time for the little ones and maybe like a capital offense for the big ones. Let’s get started.
    [flag][flag][flag]

apache235, techsar, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  14. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Prison NO, public execution--- hanging in the town square

techsar, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I'd rather just shove his face into the breaker box.

ditch witch, techsar, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  16. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I heard the LAST Gent that was The POTUS was doing that , or trying too, but the establishment was the problem as well .

3cyl, techsar, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  17. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Personally, I think we should have a lottery for citizens, and the winners get to pull the lever, or trigger, or plunger, or what ever means the states have decided on! This would give the sadists among us the rare chance to punch a nazi in the face as it were, and the rest, would learn first hand, what the price of crime in public service is! Make for a great deterant!
    Even make prospective politicians attend the executions of their buddies, and have one of them chosen to do the deed, might make them think twice about grifting and other crimes!

Gator 45/70, SB21, techsar and 3 others like this.
  18. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

buttigeek is not where he should be. Nuff sed by me, I would be repeating myself from back before the primaries.

Yard Dart, Gator 45/70, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  19. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

This idea makes me laugh as all the yuppies who bought Tesla electrics for the tax incentive and to avoid gas tax at the pump who are living in the valley, commuting over 50 miles one way into the city for work. Then, add to that the technological capabilities to work from home and this "Tax" will cost more to implement than it will generate in revenue. Folks will just stay home and collect welfare... :whistle:

3cyl, Yard Dart, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  20. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Heres a good video on what to do in these situations.

REFUSE/RESIST

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7