1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Gear Review TerraLux TT-5

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by stg58, Sep 8, 2013.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

I picked up a TerraLux TT-5 LED flashlight from Dvor and it arrived Friday.
    Disappointed that it was made in China even more disappointed while checking it out this weekend when it flashed brightly and stopped working, changed batteries of course with no luck.

The light was OK but it made a clicking sound when you turned it on unlike the silent switches on other lights I have.
    The silent switch is really a requirement for me after having used them.

I will not purchase another TerraLux light.

Less than a week old I will see how well Dvor stands by their sales..
  2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I have one and it is one of the best flashlights I have ever owned. I don't know where it came from, it was a gift from a happy customer. It has a high and a low setting, and will run full out until the batteries fail. Mine is the TerraLux Lightstar 300, very solid and dependable, and i use it every day. it is quite bright, and I am using rechargeables, so it could be brighter with alkalines.
  3. stg58

Update. Dvor won't exchange or refund on any sales they will credit. I emailed TerraLux direct and they will either repair or replace.
    The light was OK and TerraLux stood by their product hopefully it will last longer than a few days but be warned on Dvor as far as refunds or exchanges...
  4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Terralux TT-5
    • 3 lighting modes (high, medium, low) and strobe mode
    • CREE XM-L (U2) LED with max 650 lumens
    • Max run time 295hrs
    • Requires (2)CR123A, (2)CR123 and (1)18650 batteries (not included)
    • Detachable stainless steel strike bezel
    Additional information:

Part Number TLF-TT-5
    Item Weight 5.6 ounces
    Product Dimensions 7.2 x 4 x 2.2 inches
    Item model number TLXTLF-TT-5

Product Description
    The TT series of flashlights from TerraLux are precision engineered illumination tools, developed for tactical and self-defense use. The dynamic dual-button tail switch design allows you to instantly access the disorienting strobe mode when needed or select your lighting modes as desired. The tactical product family also allows you to use cutting edge Lithium-ion power supplies or Alkaline technology.

Link to Amazon (SM referral): TerraLUX TT-5 Dual Button Tail Switch Tactical Flashlight - Amazon.com

Close to same price-point as Surefire P2ZX (SM referral): Amazon.com: Surefire P2ZX Fury CombatLight LED: Sports & Outdoors

Also similar in price to 4Sevens MM-X-AA (SM referral): Amazon.com: Foursevens MM-X-AA 2XCR123A 480Lumen Maelstrom X7/MM-X Cool White LED Light, Black Finish: Home Improvement
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2013
  5. stg58

Update, TerraLux just emailed me and will be sending me a new TT-5. An American company standing by their product with no BS.:D
    kellory likes this.
  1. Motomom34
  2. Hanzo
  3. stg58
  4. Hanzo
  5. Hanzo
  6. NotSoSneaky
  7. Mortis
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary